Sign in to follow this  
vitalzone

Legal advise

Sorry ,this is not a hunting topic.

But I know there are alot of people on the site from all lines of employment.

Ive been looking for some time to talk to an attorney related to a HOA situation.

Hopefully I can do a consultation to help me decide on a direction to progress with this particular issue.

Contact the your state Bar Association. They can consult free of charge and recommend a lawyer in your area.

Lot of lawyers in that field of expertise and most with the way the economy is right now with COVID-19. Consult the bar and google is your friend as well to search for yourself. Search property rights and HOA law

In my experience most attorneys that specialize in homeowners associations work for the HOAs.  When I had an issue I had a hard time finding anybody that would represent the homeowner.  A couple things to consider:

Most CC&Rs state that the board has final say. They can arbitrarily make rules and enforce them. in my experience they don't even need to enforce them fairly....

Back to the board has the final say.

I prevailed (sort of) in my dispute only after nominating myself and getting elected to the board.  Harder for people to be jerks when looking at you face to face at every meeting.  The board tried to say that I could not sit in on my own issue in executive session but Arizona law implicitly allows that even where there is a conflict of interest.  Again, harder to bad mouth you with you sitting face to face. 

Your best bet is probably with the board.

Good luck!

• Like 3

DeSaules Law Group represents Home Owners I believe.  You'll need to look up the phone #.