bonecollector

Tick Tock

10 hours ago, az300wby said:

Remember the pink slip in the mail!  Hated seeing  that chit. Then you could call a number.(hit redial for like 72 hours straight)Then you could pay 5 dollars for faster results by phone!   Does anyone miss those days?

Yes I remember those days. I remember dropping mine off at the office on Greenway at the last minute. Line was long.

7 minutes ago, zackcarp said:

I would drive to the Mesa office and skip school. I was always paranoid to drop them into the drum. I was afraid I was gonna screw it up for everyone I was delivering for some how. It was definitely more exciting doing that and the phone call. 

& when you finally did get through you got to listen to that "wildlife soundtrack" while waiting in line to enter just one ss #...

3 minutes ago, huntlines said:

Not happening today boys, if so it would have already posted to someone's account.......

Why would they HAVE to run it first thing in the morning?  Why couldn't this happen at any time during their normal business hours?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jt1911man said:

Why would they HAVE to run it first thing in the morning?  Why couldn't this happen at any time during their normal business hours?

I suspect huntlines is just going based on how it works historically.  Don't think he's purporting that it has to happen that way. 

That being said, I suppose this could be another point to debate and argue about to pass the time....  🙄🤣 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Jt1911man said:

If I was in that office and had a choice I’d be pushing the button at the end of the day and walking out the door...LoL

or schedule it at 1AM to really mess with people. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Jt1911man said:

It might not happen at all!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

It might not happen at all!

I just really want to be in the position to plan my work leave and family vacations for the rest of the year in an informed manner.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jt1911man said:

I just really want to be in the position to plan my work leave and family vacations for the rest of the year in an informed manner.

Elk season is a family vacation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wish2hunt said:

Elk season is a family vacation.  

Correct.  My family is getting impatient though, because if we don't get drawn, then we'll make other plans IAW leave balance.

I would think at this point, g&f will have to extend the cc update deadline, won’t they? Isn’t it a potential legal issue? I’m not holding my breath until they do that. 

6 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I would think at this point, g&f will have to extend the cc update deadline, won’t they? Isn’t it a potential legal issue? I’m not holding my breath until they do that. 

why would that be s legal issue?

9 minutes ago, 1uofacat said:

why would that be s legal issue?

Thinking the same thing.  Sounds more like a 'process/policy' sort of thing, as opposed to a contractual obligation.   Almost seems like an over & above courtesy they offer.

48 minutes ago, Jt1911man said:

Ive already put in for vacation during the elk season I applied for. If I don't get the tag, I will withdraw the vacation request. 

26 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I was thinking this (not sure on the legal issue) or they ran the draw and went back to calling 3 times for declined cards, which should be fewer than previous years. It would probably be easier and more 'equitable' (the word of the decade) that way.