elkhutnaz

AZ is sad

41 minutes ago, Redman said:

I miss the gold old days when we used to get the elk and goat results in late July- no credit cards-  

I like getting elk results early like it is today. Easier to plan out vacation days. And it breaks everything up so it's not so expensive when you have yourself along with your kiddos.

G&F should be happy ,170000 apps times 13

2.2million  just for application fees.

Over last 5 yrs  approx 10 mil.

Still have draw problems since they started cc.

13 hours ago, JSR said:

It takes UTAH 90 days to issue draw results and they do not even tell you how many tags are in each hunt.

What date were you promised AZ draw results?

AZ tags mailed by April 2, they don't post a results date.

14 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

Thanks!  Having a good time mixing it up with the haters but also appreciate all the good information and opinions getting aired out on the site.

No hatters here, just a lot of people who are wary about new comers. No offence, you will either fit in or fade out depending on your intent for joining.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, elkaholic said:

G&F should be happy ,170000 apps times 13

2.2million  just for application fees.

Over last 5 yrs  approx 10 mil.

Still have draw problems since they started cc.

It happened before cc.  It has always happened.  It used to be two and now three times a year.  

And how much is spent on the non game branch and other left wing projects?  CC = carefree clowns.🤡

16 hours ago, elkaholic said:

Haters,  ok  --  identify who you are!

I thought this was the pissed off  thread. 

Haters, spirited debate, sh*t talking, etc.  It's all good.  Didn't mean to offend you.

On 3/3/2021 at 8:34 AM, joe hunter said:

Thing that gets me is NM puts them to shame on the elk draw and NM is usually lower than a snake in wheel rut on things, I know I live there. lol...

NM draw is simple....  

Pass out tags to landowners, draw what’s left while excluding non residents from many of the hunts.  No points, bonus or preference. 

They could do it with paper apps in a basket at the state fair and it wouldn’t take more than a day.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MattMan said:

NM draw is simple....  

Pass out tags to landowners, draw what’s left while excluding non residents from many of the hunts.  No points, bonus or preference. 

They could do it with paper apps in a basket at the state fair and it wouldn’t take more than a day.  

Does NM charge your card at the time of application and the refund you if not drawn? I think that's what I read but wasnt sure. Seems like that would solve many of the card issues in AZ.

I personally had card fraud between application and draw dates last year for elk so my card was canceled on draw day. I tell myself it probably didn't matter but will always wonder if I missed a tag.

My biggest complaint is the way the apps are done.  You shouldn't have to answer the same questions time and time and time again.  You should out your Hunter ID in and that is it.  It should self populate everything else....residency, Social Security, etc.

Dumb......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2021 at 11:54 PM, Nuker said:

Does NM charge your card at the time of application and the refund you if not drawn? I think that's what I read but wasnt sure. Seems like that would solve many of the card issues in AZ.

I personally had card fraud between application and draw dates last year for elk so my card was canceled on draw day. I tell myself it probably didn't matter but will always wonder if I missed a tag.

There is a state law in AZ prohibiting this with credit cards.