SirRoyal

TRAIL CAM BAN UPDATE 3/17/21

Him being a guide has NOTHING to do with his attitude or motives imo.  He is just too self serving and arrogant for my taste, but enough about guys that do not have anything constructive to add to this discussion.  I also do not subscribe to the give nothing when it comes to my 2A.  With anything in life, there has to be restrictions, or shoot will get out of hand FAST.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Him being a guide has NOTHING to do with his attitude or motives imo.  He is just too self serving and arrogant for my taste, but enough about guys that do not have anything constructive to add to this discussion.  I also do not subscribe to the give nothing when it comes to my 2A.  With anything in life, there has to be restrictions, or shoot will get out of hand FAST.  

That's cool. I respect your opinion

• Like 1

I respect your opinion as well but why is it we always have to give? The only give the opposition does is let us keep some of what we already have. That's not a compromise. Open up wolf hunting then I'll let you restrict something. Eliminate half of the horses and burros then I'll give on something else. I'm tired of being bent over by the government. 

• Like 7

With trail cameras, I feel like we are giving back to ourselves.  Making hunting SLIGHTLY more like hunting  used to be.  Giving the animals a little bit more elusiveness back.  

I mean, does Agfd stand to gain anything from banning cameras?  Who do you think we are giving to by limiting trail cameras? 

• Like 2

Anything that is limiting hunting I credit to the anti hunters. I am for limiting cameras but I am tired of conceding. We need something in return. Less "opportunity" hunts would be a good start. Otc deer tags for NR to a draw would be a great start. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AZkiller said:

Anything that is limiting hunting I credit to the anti hunters. I am for limiting cameras but I am tired of conceding. We need something in return. Less "opportunity" hunts would be a good start. Otc deer tags for NR to a draw would be a great start. 

OTC non-res tags  going to a draw would be a great start.  I see that actually happening in the next 5-10 years.  I also see resident OTC tags going more to a draw as well.  The resource keeps getting smaller and the demand keeps climbing.  The decline of hunters talk doesn't add up.  More applicants each year, but the amount of new hunters declining?  Shenannigans

• Like 3

HuntHarder & AzKiller  You are totally taking things out of context. 

1st. I am a die hard working class hunter that still gets a paycheck every week. I pay a mortgage , My Sweetheart and I are still raising kids.   

2nd There is one thing in life you cant buy more of and thats TIME. So I want to spend it wisely and unselfishly. 

3rd. Guiding 2 or 3 hunts a year in no way puts me at the level of full times guides. They are the best. I specialize in a few units . 

4th. Facts are not Arrogant and Arrogancy is not the fact. 

5th We would of taken a different approach had AZGFD and The Commissioners had. 

6th. You cant negotiate with CORRUPTION! 

If we met out hunting I'm positive we would get along just fine because we have the same passion for the hunt. 

Thank you guys for responses and your criticism it is well noted. Thank God we still live in a country where we can bitterly disagree with our government and not go to jail! 

Let Freedom Reign in the Heart of every American! 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, SirRoyal said:

HuntHarder & AzKiller  You are totally taking things out of context. 

1st. I am a die hard working class hunter that still gets a paycheck every week. I pay a mortgage , My Sweetheart and I are still raising kids.   

2nd There is one thing in life you cant buy more of and thats TIME. So I want to spend it wisely and unselfishly. 

3rd. Guiding 2 or 3 hunts a year in no way puts me at the level of full times guides. They are the best. I specialize in a few units . 

4th. Facts are not Arrogant and Arrogancy is not the fact. 

5th We would of taken a different approach had AZGFD and The Commissioners had. 

6th. You cant negotiate with CORRUPTION! 

If we met out hunting I'm positive we would get along just fine because we have the same passion for the hunt. 

Thank you guys for responses and your criticism it is well noted. Thank God we still live in a country where we can bitterly disagree with our government and not go to jail! 

Let Freedom Reign in the Heart of every American! 

YEP.... just as I though... solid guy.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 7:06 AM, Desertguide said:

Ok... I guess we'll see. I'm out there the entire early archery deer hunt so I'll let you know. 

No need to let me know up until 2 years ago we were out there most of the entire archery deer seasons as well from 1982 and missed about 6 years. in the early-mid 2000's  Mainly units 8 9 6a

• Like 1

With all that has been said, I find one thing interesting.  You have DIY hunters who are on both sides of the issue, but seemingly leaning for more game camera restrictions (not a scientific poll, but appearance).  The folks who appear to be involved in the guiding service seem to all lean or are full tilt against restrictions.  I would love to hear some rationale debate between guides on opposite sides.  I might be looking for unicorns tho....

• Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 3:45 PM, Desertguide said:

The rancher might own the improvement tself, be it tank, trough or fencing around the improvement but the rancher doesn't own the trees nearby, not if it's state trust or public land. It's in no way trespassing to place a camera on a tree pointed at an improvement. I truly appreciate and respect everything ranchers have done in this state but we are meant share the land and its resources. Where I hunt I rarely see ranchers on horseback, they're usually in trucks or on quads. If they're on horseback, they're almost always gathering cattle. I've never ever had a bad experience with a rancher. I stop and talk to every rancher I get the opportunity to and I've never once had one ask anything more than for me to keep gates closed and not park on their water pipes. I've never once had one complain to me about trail cameras. 

Ranchers dont own the road or the property the tank is on. They own the investment.. Such as they can build something and you can get in trouble if you vandalize it. But they dont own a dang thing besided the physical material used to build. Not the property itself. If they did OWN it they could sell it for christs sake. I dare any rancher to tell me im on his property when im on public land lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Delw said:

No need to let me know up until 2 years ago we were out there most of the entire archery deer seasons as well from 1982 and missed about 6 years. in the early-mid 2000's  Mainly units 8 9 6a

I was being facetious... lol. You called "BS" on me and I was being a smart ars

37 minutes ago, HuntHike61 said:

With all that has been said, I find one thing interesting.  You have DIY hunters who are on both sides of the issue, but seemingly leaning for more game camera restrictions (not a scientific poll, but appearance).  The folks who appear to be involved in the guiding service seem to all lean or are full tilt against restrictions.  I would love to hear some rationale debate between guides on opposite sides.  I might be looking for unicorns tho....

I know a couple guides for a full ban. One flat out told me it will help us guides because the DIY guys won't be able to scout as much as us. And he's right.  

One thing nobody talks about is how this will hurt sheep management. More than any species in AZ, hunters need to be taking the oldest age class animals in any given unit. Trailcams are huge help for that. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Desertguide said:

I know a couple guides for a full ban. One flat out told me it will help us guides because the DIY guys won't be able to scout as much as us. And he's right.  

One thing nobody talks about is how this will hurt sheep management. More than any species in AZ, hunters need to be taking the oldest age class animals in any given unit. Trailcams are huge help for that. 

BTW- in case it was misinterpreted, by unicorns I meant the other side of the debate.  Lots of rationale going on :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntHike61 said:

BTW- in case it was misinterpreted, by unicorns I meant the other side of the debate.  Lots of rationale going on :)

Yeah.. they are unicorns for sure... 😂😂😂