SirRoyal

TRAIL CAM BAN UPDATE 3/17/21

14 minutes ago, Explorer said:

Take my picture where I can drive to and I'll stab your trail camera in the face with a soldering iron!

You're talkin to my guy all wrong

4 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

You're talkin to my guy all wrong

Better go get some french trail cameras  and whaaamburgers!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, plang00 said:

The sheep debate seems rather simple....an exclusion to the rule if you possess a tag......

Ever look at the total sheep population in az compared to tags issued and prime sheep hunting blocked.. for many sentences worth of reasons. And the burros and the mountain lion hunting restrictions. Military.. hippies.. grand canyon. Sheep hunters know what game they play.

1 minute ago, Explorer said:

Ever look at the total sheep population in az compared to tags issued and prime sheep hunting blocked.. for many sentences worth of reasons. And the burros and the mountain lion hunting restrictions. Military.. hippies.. grand canyon. Sheep hunters know what game they play.

I’m well aware. Had my tag in 2019. I ran zero cams on the YPG......I think there should be an exception for guys that want to.....on a once in a lifetime hunt.

25 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I jumped from page 4 to 15. Did I miss anything?

No. Sir royal is just trying to extend this thread as long as possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, plang00 said:

I’m well aware. Had my tag in 2019. I ran zero cams on the YPG......I think there should be an exception for guys that want to.....on a once in a lifetime hunt.

If you could put exception on everything claimed as once in a lifetime. Snowflakes all have once in a life time shapes. 

I am still trying to figure out this letter to open the EM rule making back in October that is all over social media.   Why has there not been any public outreach in the last year as related to  "prevent a significant threat to the public health, peace, and safety."  "increasing threat of breach of peace as social media surrounding the use of trail cameras indicate potential for violent confrontation between those who support their use and those opposed to such methods."  If this was the case one would think the department would be making it a priority on social media, within the hunting regs, Facebook, Instagram, here on Coueswhitetail and all other outlets to address the imminent public safety safety concerns when trail cameras are placed on public lands prior to October 2020 and currently?  All I know is something is missing for the public to be educated on? Maybe just as the incredible draw result issues we all just witnessed :+(  - By the way my portal is still messed up too - uggggg     but  I do feel bad for them on the draw results as I know many of them as great people! 

Dear Mr. Podolak,
The Arizona Game and Fish Department (Department) respectfully submits this letter requesting permission to initiate rulemaking to regulate the use of trail cameras for the purpose of taking, aiding in the take of wildlife, or locating wildlife for the purpose of taking or aiding in the take of wildlife.
Under the guidance of our Assistant Attorneys General the Department requests permission to pursue rulemaking as authorized under Executive Order 2020-02 - 1(b), which allows an agency to promulgate a rule to prevent a significant threat to the public health, peace, and safety.
The use of trail cameras pose an increasing threat of breach of peace as social media surrounding the use of trail cameras indicate potential for violent confrontation between those who support their use and those opposed to such methods. Encounters between these two groups have been more confrontational with those who oppose the use of trail cameras resorting to vandalism, and those who support the use of trail cameras having a sense of entitlement over the areas in which the trail cameras were placed. Violent conflict is likely to occur when those who oppose the use of trail cameras encounter someone while placing a trail camera. A rule under this exemption would prohibit the use of trail cameras for the purpose of taking or aiding in the take of wildlife, and locating wildlife for the purpose of taking or aiding in the take of wildlife.
In an effort to comply with the requirements of Executive Order 2020-02(2), the Department recommends for consideration the following three rules for elimination: R12-4-111. Identification Number, R12-4-209. Community Fishing License; Exemption, and R12-4-214. Apprentice License.
If you have any questions, please contact Celeste Cook at (623) 236-7390 or by email at ccook@azgfdgov.
Sincerely,
Ty E. Gray
Director

10 hours ago, AZtroutman said:

Just their twist to get people pissed off. Not a chance in helI that the diy guy will be hurt more than the outfitter. Let's go back 15 years ago and was that the case? No. So now it magically is the case? I was born at night but not last night. You think outfitters who buy pallets of cameras a year are the ones wanting it banned? Outfitters are the only ones that can afford to pay for those cameras and then pay their minions to check them constantly and tell them where the deer and elk are every second of every day. No doubt an outfitter will have more time to scout and know the area better (that's how it's always been) but no cameras for anyone levels the playing field just about as much as you could.

Where can I find "minions"? I keep hearing that word and I guess I missed the minion isle at Sportsmans. I want me some of those!!! Do they come in 4 packs? DUMB!!! 

11 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Wait... outfitters don't want trail cams?  Lol.  Explain

I don't know about any outfits, I just know a couple guides that do. Like I said, we have lots more time to scout. Well I do because I'm pretty much full time. I can spend a week in a unit, locate several shooters in multiple areas, watch their habits and wait for the hunt to start. A DIY guy might have a couple weekends to scout. Which really means a Saturday morning and evening and then a Sunday morning. He might find some shooters but that doesn't give him the time to really figure them out. And he dang sure isn't covering an entire unit. With cameras he doubles how effective he is. Now, there might be some guides relying heavily on cameras and if a ban does in fact hurt them... well then they aren't very good guides and they'll fade away. Shoot man... the more I type the more I like a ban. I'm selling myself on it!!!

14 minutes ago, Desertguide said:

I don't know about any outfits, I just know a couple guides that do. Like I said, we have lots more time to scout. Well I do because I'm pretty much full time. I can spend a week in a unit, locate several shooters in multiple areas, watch their habits and wait for the hunt to start. A DIY guy might have a couple weekends to scout. Which really means a Saturday morning and evening and then a Sunday morning. He might find some shooters but that doesn't give him the time to really figure them out. And he dang sure isn't covering an entire unit. With cameras he doubles how effective he is. Now, there might be some guides relying heavily on cameras and if a ban does in fact hurt them... well then they aren't very good guides and they'll fade away. Shoot man... the more I type the more I like a ban. I'm selling myself on it!!!

You pretty much described why I think they should be limited or banned.  They offer a HUGE advantage.  Doubling, if not more, the amount of area a guy can scout with not that much time in the field.  Guides are included.  The ones that use them, can cover a whole bunch  more areas with less $$ and time in the field.  You spending a week in the field costs more money than leaving 5 cameras in the field for a week.  Lets make hunting great again! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, Desertguide said:

Where can I find "minions"? I keep hearing that word and I guess I missed the minion isle at Sportsmans. I want me some of those!!! Do they come in 4 packs? DUMB!!! 

You apparently need a vocab lesson. I'll help you out. Definition of Minion: 

A servile follower or subordinate of a person in power.

Now let me add to that. Minions are a dime a dozen as long as they can wear the flat brim hat with the outfitter logo and post on their Instagram that they guide for said outfitter. Throw them a little cash and they'll do just about anything.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Explorer said:

If you could put exception on everything claimed as once in a lifetime. Snowflakes all have once in a life time shapes. 

Fair enough......I have no valid argument 

3 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

You pretty much described why I think they should be limited or banned.  They offer a HUGE advantage.  Doubling, if not more, the amount of area a guy can scout with not that much time in the field.  Guides are included.  The ones that use them, can cover a whole bunch  more areas with less $$ and time in the field.  You spending a week in the field costs more money than leaving 5 cameras in the field for a week.  Lets make hunting great again! 

No it doesn't honestly. Neither cost me a dime. Whether I hang cameras or spend a week in the field... It doesn't cost me anything. My time and gear are paid for by my client... plus it's all a write off. Nothing to make great again for me... hunting has always been great.