SirRoyal

TRAIL CAM BAN UPDATE 3/17/21

2 hours ago, Desertguide said:

I know a couple guides for a full ban. One flat out told me it will help us guides because the DIY guys won't be able to scout as much as us. And he's right.  

One thing nobody talks about is how this will hurt sheep management. More than any species in AZ, hunters need to be taking the oldest age class animals in any given unit. Trailcams are huge help for that. 

Right on target!  I have seen their letters to AZGFD.  Some of the biggest names in the guide industry. I have called and talked to several. In fact one of the largest outfitters is buddies with one of the new commissioners. The commissioner has killed 2 Monster Muleys on the Strip with Trail cams and a huge Bull in 9 WITH THIS OUTFITTER! 

So it took me a bit to understand why outfitters dont want trail cams! But I figured it out a few weeks ago. What Desertguide said is exactly why they dont want them!  Its all about money and knowing more than you DIY HUNTERS! They know cams give even ground to DIY weekend warriors no disrepect! You should be outraged! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

41 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Wait... outfitters don't want trail cams?  Lol.  Explain

Just their twist to get people pissed off. Not a chance in helI that the diy guy will be hurt more than the outfitter. Let's go back 15 years ago and was that the case? No. So now it magically is the case? I was born at night but not last night. You think outfitters who buy pallets of cameras a year are the ones wanting it banned? Outfitters are the only ones that can afford to pay for those cameras and then pay their minions to check them constantly and tell them where the deer and elk are every second of every day. No doubt an outfitter will have more time to scout and know the area better (that's how it's always been) but no cameras for anyone levels the playing field just about as much as you could.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AZtroutman said:

Just their twist to get people pissed off. Not a chance in helI that the diy guy will be hurt more than the outfitter. Let's go back 15 years ago and was that the case? No. So now it magically is the case? I was born at night but not last night. You think outfitters who buy pallets of cameras a year are the ones wanting it banned? Outfitters are the only ones that can afford to pay for those cameras and then pay their minions to check them constantly and tell them where the deer and elk are every second of every day. No doubt an outfitter will have more time to scout and know the area better (that's how it's always been) but no cameras for anyone levels the playing field just about as much as you could.

I agree with this statement. You know outfitters want trail cams. That's why they buy 200 plus of them per outfitter.

Yeah, pretty sure Josiah is showing his true colors and trolling.  Just no hope with that guy unfortunately.  A Spade is a spade.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AZtroutman said:

Pull a public records request  on the last Comment period over Trail Cams the proof is there. Yes Several big outfitters want the ban! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Yeah, pretty sure Josiah is showing his true colors and trolling.  Just no hope with that guy unfortunately.  A Spade is a spade.

You bet Buddy!

19 minutes ago, SirRoyal said:

Pull a public records request  on the last Comment period over Trail Cams the proof is there. Yes Several big outfitters want the ban! 

Just watch the video of Russ Jacoby crying over the ban. Famous buffalo guide.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

Just watch the video of Russ Jacoby crying over the ban. Famous buffalo guide.

Russ is a good guy! With a passion for the hunt!

Sooo..... Turns out I have an early bull tag. I figured my kid had drawn a cow tag but neigh it was me. Now I'm all for cameras! Just ordered 12. 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On the topic of guides who would like to see trail cams reduced:  1) I really have a hard time buying that guides think DIY hunters are on equal ground with the cams.  I'm guessing the average DIY hunter might have a few cameras, maybe borrows a couple more, and with the limited time they have might check them a couple times.  It just doesn't hold water when compared to what the guides run.  2)  I was actually hoping that there were guides who felt the technology was changing what guides traditionally were good at- knowing the country, knowing the habits, spending time in the hills, focusing on areas they chose, and being incredible hunters.  Thought maybe some guides felt the cam technology was moving the trade from all that, to one of manpower checking cameras.  I get that is a simplification and there are a 100 variations of the theme.  But you have to admit that much more effort today is focused on the cameras, and that MUST reduce focus on other elements of the trade.  It might also bring folks into the business with less traditional knowledge and more technology knowledge and thus the older school guides might be opposed.  I'm no guide of course- was just surmising what some might believe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SirRoyal said:

Russ is a good guy! With a passion for the hunt!

He might be a good guy but he definitely didn't want a ban

• Like 1

Take my picture where I can drive to and I'll stab your trail camera in the face with a soldering iron!

• Like 2