SirRoyal

TRAIL CAM BAN UPDATE 3/17/21

2 minutes ago, AZ11 said:

The people that want a trail cam ban also tell the truth, you just don't want to hear it.

No they tell half truths. Stay tuned!

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Haha sir royal seems like one of those guys that think if they yell loud enough and make enough noise everyone will believe them. Can't wait until the June meeting when they ban them effective Jan 2022. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AZtroutman said:

Haha sir royal seems like one of those guys that think if they yell loud enough and make enough noise everyone will believe them. Can't wait until the June meeting when they ban them effective Jan 2022. 

I totally agree with this statement

• Like 3

Why are more states looking to ban cameras?  Must be causing a problem or enough voices are being heard that want them banned.  
I do not see how they will be able to ban them on private property.  That’s just crazy talk. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ringer said:

I hate people that run to lawyers and threaten lawsuits. They are worse than a bunch of whiney guides. Just what percent of Arizona "sportsmen and women" do you think you represent? More like representing a few hundred guides and outfitters that make a living from selling animals owned by the public. Reminds me of the a$$holes fro USO and old Don or whatever his name was. Hope your "massive" group loses and it costs a bunch for "DEWY, CHEATEM and HOW".

"Its those dadburn guides I tell ya!!". 

ANY guide worth his salt doesn't need a stupid trailcam to get animals killed. I have 4 and they're packed away in my shed... I think. They probably have all that white crusty crap around the batteries. I oppose more rules, plain and simple. Especially arbitrary, unenforceable rules. Someone with clout has a hard on for trailcams. So much so that they had to send a letter to Ducey changing the reason they want trailcams gone. The fact of the matter is this rule will hurt DIY hunters 10x more than guides. I have the time to scout when I want. Joe Hunter working 60 hours a week doesn't... and thats who will get hurt. Please for the love of God stop blaming guides and outfitters for everything under the sun. I guess we're bad people because we found a way to make a living doing what we love. So dumb

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, AZtroutman said:

Glad you said seems! Dont hold your breath!😁

1 minute ago, Desertguide said:

ANY guide worth his salt doesn't need a stupid trailcam to get animals killed. I have 4 and they're packed away in my shed... I think. They probably have all that white crusty crap around the batteries. I oppose more rules, plain and simple. Especially arbitrary, unenforceable rules. Someone with clout has a hard on for trailcams. So much so that they had to send a letter to Ducey changing the reason they want trailcams gone. The fact of the matter is this rule will hurt DIY hunters 10x more than guides. I have the time to scout when I want. Joe Hunter working 60 hours a week doesn't... and thats who will get hurt. Please for the love of God stop blaming guides and outfitters for everything under the sun. I guess we're bad people because we found a way to make a living doing what we love. So dumb

Wow! Well said! 

4 minutes ago, Desertguide said:

I believe you and agree that good guides will be fine and continue to be successful with the cams gone. In fact, it will probably help the full time guides more than the guys who guide in addition to their normal 9 to 5. With all of that being said.... you have to admit that there are guides - in certain units - that have gone a little bit camera crazy. Personally, I'm more in favor of addressing only those handful of units. Trail cams don't create conflict in many units across the state and I think we are solving a problem that exists in a few units and severely overreaching by blanketing it across the state. 

• Like 3

I have stated this before. I have seen the benefits of no cameras on the big bo!  The quality of the hunt is better, bigger bulls and deer, less hunting pressure on tanks, got to hunt the old fashion way, and levels the playing field. 
The hit list is smaller!  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, az300wby said:

I have stated this before. I have seen the benefits of no cameras on the big bo!  The quality of the hunt is better, bigger bulls and deer, less hunting pressure on tanks, got to hunt the old fashion way, and levels the playing field. 
The hit list is smaller!  

Actually bigger bulls are there because they cut tags . Especially early bull tags! Has nothing to do with no Trail cams. You can climb lots of mtns and hills on the Bo and glass bulls. You can also see what waters they use.  You dont need a trail cam.   My friends and I  hunt there alot and have taken lots of big bulls there and really nice deer! 

• Like 2

SirRoyal

I have read that you are a good hunter and guide and like helping people.  That’s cool.  
Besides government make more rules and less freedoms.  What is wrong with a trail cam season? Seem like a win-win to me. 

You can still take the grandkids in the field to check cams, watch wildlife, have your picture collection.  Then come hunting season do like we did before cameras.  
No disrespect in my question, just looking for an honest answer. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SirRoyal said:

Actually bigger bulls are there because they cut tags . Especially early bull tags! Has nothing to do with no Trail cams. You can climb lots of mtns and hills on the Bo and glass bulls. You can also see what waters they use.  You dont need a trail cam.   My friends and I  hunt there alot and have taken lots of big bulls there and really nice deer! 

Ok cutting tags has helped.  But you are telling me no cams hasn’t helped?  Be honest. 
I have hunted 10 for 20+ years it had cameras everywhere.  Not anymore(big bo)
What happened to unit 9? Its not what it was 20 years ago.  Maybe trail cams?  

15 minutes ago, bigbuckclub said:

I believe you and agree that good guides will be fine and continue to be successful with the cams gone. In fact, it will probably help the full time guides more than the guys who guide in addition to their normal 9 to 5. With all of that being said.... you have to admit that there are guides - in certain units - that have gone a little bit camera crazy. Personally, I'm more in favor of addressing only those handful of units. Trail cams don't create conflict in many units across the state and I think we are solving a problem that exists in a few units and severely overreaching by blanketing it across the state. 

I'm sure you're right. I've honestly never stepped foot in any unit north of the canyon.. and I was born in AZ... lol. I'm certain there's an answer to that problem without cornholing the rest of the state. Permit trailcams and limit how many each outfitter can run maybe? Here's the thing... the guys running hunts in those units aren't going to stop because trailcams get nuked. They'll just hire young bucks to sit on deer all summer. It'll cost more but that cost will be passed on to the clients. And.. they'll pay it. In the meantime, some poor Joe will draw a strip tag, won't have the money for a guide and will get 2 maybe 3 scouting trips up there... without the benefit of trailcams. Its only hurting regular guys. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, az300wby said:

Ok cutting tags has helped.  But you are telling me no cams hasn’t helped?  Be honest. 
I have hunted 10 for 20+ years it had cameras everywhere.  Not anymore(big bo)
What happened to unit 9? Its not what it was 20 years ago.  Maybe trail cams?  

Trailcams isn't only one rule on the Bo. No groundblinds, no SXS's and a 1/4 of the roads any place else in the state has besides wilderness. Those all make much more of a difference than cams do. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Desertguide said:

Trailcams isn't only one rule on the Bo. No groundblinds, no SXS's and a 1/4 of the roads any place else in the state has besides wilderness. Those all make much more of a difference than cams do. 

Come on be honest.  
Your post.  No trail cams will hurt the DIY hunter.  No trail cams on the big bo has no impact. Really 

The Big bo has a ton of roads!  

Do trail cams help or don’t help?