Edge

Another super Hunts 4 Heroes

Got the opportunity to participate in another H4H hunt Fri-Sun.

At first glance, the vets appeared a little more beat up than did the Nov. elk hunters but man, the three guys pig hunting were truly impressive in spirit and strength and once again I felt grateful our country still produces such warriors. TBI's, gunshots, amputations, lung disease, smashed vertebraes... crushing injuries but not a single broken will to succeed.

20B was a zoo but fortunately, we had a volunteer that had patterned a large herd, and the hunters had chances daily to tag out.

Joe was first to dump a javi at 275 yards. Thought he missed with the first shot since the pig just walked in a 180' circle, so Joe let loose with another 22-250 and the pig tumbled down the hill. Joe was anxious to gut and skin a kill for the first time, only asking for a couple pointers.

post-11051-0-27169300-1488249182_thumb.jpg

The next morning was Jason's turn. After locating a sizeable herd, he dropped a nice boar at about 200 yards.

A lot of smiles and stories around the campfire and life long friends and memories made.

I want to thank my friend Derrick Bivins for all his help with camp. And thank you to Alli Lubash for his unselfish help on this hunt. Alli had a javi tag also but wasn't going to shoot unless the vets tagged out first. So he went back out today to fill his tag but found a bobcat instead. That'll work!post-11051-0-24302500-1488249931.jpeg

post-11051-0-80331900-1488250044_thumb.jpeg

• Like 18

"I felt grateful our country still produces such warriors. TBI's, gunshots, amputations, lung disease, smashed vertebraes... crushing injuries but not a single broken will to succeed."

Thank you for helping with that will to succeed cuz I tell you that is the true battle most of us face. Daily pain, daily memories, daily meds, daily why am I THE one alive?.. These things are REAL and the support I have seen lately is AWESOME

• Like 3

Thanks guys.

I urge everyone to try and help out on these hunts. By nature these hunts are done with little notice due to the fact tags are often donated at the last moment.

If you love to hunt, cook or just gather firewood, your help is welcomed by some vets who really earned it.

• Like 2

I enjoyed meeting everyone and spending time around the fire shooting the breeze. I was impressed with all the vets, each and every one of the showed great will to succeed

Great Job guys

• Like 1

Proud to see you helping out Tim. Congratulations on all the success and thanks to all the vets for their service. :)

TJ

• Like 2

derbiv:

Derek, thanks for all you did too!

Haven't met a bunch of you guys yet --- looking forward to it!