Sign in to follow this  
grey curse

Thieves among us.

Oh how the times have changed. It's sad that I feel the need to pass this along to you guys. This was forwarded to me by my sister.

Just wanted to put this out there- My husband started his Elk hunt yesterday in 6A and is camping out by Strawberry, Az. After leaving camp to get some gas he came back to find EVERYTHING stolen out of the camp trailer from clothes, towels and blankets, to his hunting pack with everything in it including a Badlands Bino case, Vortex binos and rangefinder, broad heads, knives etc. our generator and chainsaw and more. So if anyone is around that area keep an eye out and watch you stuff! Feel free to share this post to get the word out.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity did they break in or did he leave it unlocked?

Anyone with a pocket knife can break into the typical locked camp door.

The police have bait cars. Sounds like it might be time for bait camp trailers.

• Like 4

Dang crackheads have learned that camps are easy pickings.If you did catch them the cops won't do anything.I work at a state prison believe me when I say its no big deal for these people to go to jail we just bought them new play station 4s for our inmates o and the insanity workout stuff.they have it so good they don't care if they ever get out.

• Like 4

I have binos ranger finder packs knives if he is in need of anything feel free to message me I live in payson can easily get them to him

• Like 10

Dang crackheads have learned that camps are easy pickings.If you did catch them the cops won't do anything.I work at a state prison believe me when I say its no big deal for these people to go to jail we just bought them new play station 4s for our inmates o and the insanity workout stuff.they have it so good they don't care if they ever get out.

^^^ I think this is a big part of it, and hunters steeling from hunters is a very small percentage of the problem. Hunters tend to have a lot of expensive gear in camp. We leave early in the morning and come back late and night with little protecting our gear beyond a tent door. Word gets out on stuff like this and we become targets. I have the same fear about this as many of you. So for me, the only thing that gets left in camp are sleeping gear, clothes, cook gear, etc. All the expensive stuff (optics, firearms, bows, etc) stays on my body or locked up in my truck and goes where I go. It is sad and sucks, but it is the reality we face.

That's terrible.

Last year in the same unit I accidentally left my Colt Defender under my pillow on my cot in my Alaknak tent.

Discovered it about 3 hrs into the hunt and was worried sick the rest of the day till we came back in camp after dark.

Was so glad it was still there and really beat myself up over that the rest of the hunt.