Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Slimey Hitchhiker

biggest can of ultra I  have ever seen!

On 4/11/2021 at 8:01 AM, Edge said:

My brother in law posted this pick yesterday of a snake removal. I'm no expert but don't ya want to grab them closer to the head?FB_IMG_1618152995341.thumb.jpg.4c7be030cf0858f3295fd39ce5e1277b.jpg

It’s a firefighter, if it ain’t fire related....

Not sure which is worse...rattlers climbing in boats or cottonmouths dropping out of trees into the boat when I was a kid. I might take a rattler over a cottonmouth...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HyNoon said:

Is it just me or does it look like the snake can reach his hands from this angle

Exactly

3 hours ago, bigorange said:

Not sure which is worse...rattlers climbing in boats or cottonmouths dropping out of trees into the boat when I was a kid. I might take a rattler over a cottonmouth...

56 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Thanks no, the stuff nightmares are made of. I'm already guilty of Karate chopping the wife last year while dreaming a rattler was striking at me.

4 hours ago, rimrider said:

Did FB say how they got it out of the boat?

Need a plan!

I don't recall. I say take along your ho for emergencies

A buddy and I fished Rosy on Wed after seeing his post and had this very discussion.. Try and flip out with a rod (too flimsy?) or grab the net maybe and hope it doesn't get through it? I don't have a hook/pole in the boat and you sure as heck can't get past it to get to anything off the front deck. Can't shoot it.  I would contemplate just jumping in the lake and give the boat to the dang snake.  I need a plan please! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jdown said:

A buddy and I fished Rosy on Wed after seeing his post and had this very discussion.. Try and flip out with a rod (too flimsy?) or grab the net maybe and hope it doesn't get through it? I don't have a hook/pole in the boat and you sure as heck can't get past it to get to anything off the front deck. Can't shoot it.  I would contemplate just jumping in the lake and give the boat to the dang snake.  I need a plan please! 

You don't have an oar?

32 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Maybe just keep one of them fancy snake chokers in the boat.

In otherwards, take Kev along?

Rumor is Kev's hands are kept pretty soft just for this

• Haha 1
  • Wow! 1