recurveman

Rut activity yet?

I didn't get a chance to go scout the last weekend or two and was wondering if the rut has started to pick up yet? I'm really hoping it is a bit early this year.

Later,

recurveman

Went out Sunday and saw lots of does and one small buck. Kept expecting to see some bucks hanging around all those does, but never did. Don't think it's quite started in the central part of the state, anyway.

u28 ain't gonna have a rut this year. said there wernt enough participation last year, so they just called it off. Lark.

This past sunday in 23 I glassed four bucks with one doe. There were two bucks around the 90 inch mark and two 2 points. The two smaller bucks pushed and chased the doe quite a bit, while the two larger bucks both made scrapes. They made two scrapes apiece. This was the only rut activity I saw in three days of glassing.

Brian

Good, I dont need another heavy old rutted up nasty stinking deer anyways. Anyone want my tag ;) ? I am going to get back to what I should be doing anyways, murdering the quackers, they are rutted and I have a bunch of hen decoys. :ph34r:

Bret M.

Just hunted two days in 21, saw one good buck and one small one. Both were seen middle of the day walking head down on the trail looking for some tail. Id say the rut is starting up there.

My son and I left early thursday morning for his hunt in unit 24A got camp set up by 8:00 am and went out to glass . we glassed up 7 bucks and all were chasing does or fighting with eachother . two of these bucks feet were so sore they could hardly walk . One buck we have been wathcing a few mounths he will score in the 120's we watched him all day . Got up opening morning and went out to find the buck we glassed all day he was nowere to be found me glassed 11 bucks a hand full of bucks that willl score in the 80's and a few spikes . On the second day I was sure we would find the deer we were looking for we got up and hiked to our glassing spot and waited for it to get light we started glassing and found a good buck that would go over 100 . My son said not he wonted to find the bigger buck it was to early in the hunt he said . It was getting around 9:00 and we were seeing more deer . I could here a Quad to the west of us I thought I was hearing things there were no roads to the west of us .after some time I could not hear it anymore we set and glassed watching a buck follow a doe from one side of the hill to the other when I could hear the Quad only closer this time I looked up to the top of the canyon there they were two SOB ridening there Quads along the mountion top and heading down our canyon we set there and watched drive down the canyon we were watching . They never stoped or acted like they say any deer they just kept drivening . My son was so mad we had scouted every othre week for 2 mounths and watched the deer here . We have seen other hunters here but never expected for some SLOB to ride there Quad in where there are no roads . on our way out we jumped out a small buck and my son took him .we loaded up and came home .

Bruce

I feel for you man.

I hate those F*&^ing things!!! & all who use them.

Those that say it's just one or two bad apples that run amuck. I say BULLSHIT,

it's more like 1 in 50 that don't ride illegally.

Maybe if they raise the tag prices high enough they'll have to sell the Devil Dogs" in order to aford to hunt.

I think it's one of the biggest threat to hunting we have.

DH

That sucks. Some people are just out of their mind. I would have been mad enough after not being able to find that monster buck you guys had scouted out. Then a slob hunter on a quad comes down the hill where your buck is, I'm glad that didn't happen to me, I would be in prison.lol Congrats on your harvest.

I've had the same thing happen to me. walked 1 1/2 miles to my hunting area just to find some yahoo with his quad and trailer camped in the canyon I was hunting. he had gone over a mile past a sign saying no motor travel allowed.The best thing todo is call the forest service and they'll fine em for going past the posted roads.The worst thing about this is that the antis use these wildcat roads as a reason to want to close all access to areas.

wklman