Sign in to follow this  
zslayer

2021 Deer Regulations Finally Out!

The 2021 refs are finally out!  Time to make some decisions.

2 hours ago, jim said:

January archery deer in the 15's are going to be a zoo. 

How come?

im just not understanding this 27 deal??? 900 rifle tags and they shut down archery to 150 tags total????? so im guessing .0000001 chance of drawing an august archery tag. What does this do? Unit 1 also but i didnt look at the rifle tags for 1.

1000 tags for unit 7 on one hunt??? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

1000 tags for unit 7 on one hunt??? 

It's been that way for years. Its 7e and 7w so it's really not too bad.

I haven't looked at the regs but I suspect 2a,b,c archery went to a draw. I just can't understand that one. Everybody in the white mtns go royally screwed imo. There is no way that the archers in those units are doing much damage. 

• Like 1

The reason they are closing down early archery hunts instead of rut hunts in January is because most non residents hunt in January when their seasons back home are closed. So residents get screwed in Aug and December but the G$F can still get the NR $$$$$ 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JSR said:

The reason they are closing down early archery hunts instead of rut hunts in January is because most non residents hunt in January when their seasons back home are closed. So residents get screwed in Aug and December but the G$F can still get the NR $$$$$ 

The only units that have January rut hunts but no early archery hunts are desert units. It's always been that way. 

3 hours ago, creed_az_88 said:

I haven't looked at the regs but I suspect 2a,b,c archery went to a draw. I just can't understand that one. Everybody in the white mtns go royally screwed imo. There is no way that the archers in those units are doing much damage. 

The wolves are

3 hours ago, nateNAU said:

It's been that way for years. Its 7e and 7w so it's really not too bad.

Well it would be better if they separated 7e and 7w because it seems like everyone just hunts 7w to me.

• Like 1

They butchered the tag amounts and twice the hunters, I guess its time to just fish.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, HyNoon said:

Well it would be better if they separated 7e and 7w because it seems like everyone just hunts 7w to me.

I would love that. I live and hunt in 7e and would like to see them split. Would probably up the draw odds in 7e if they were.

• Like 1

100 tags for 12AW? Seems lite. (youth)

• Like 1