wish2hunt

Sheep charges

On 7/4/2021 at 5:23 PM, trphyhntr said:

Sorry cool. I’m sure you were filling up with tax payers credit card. This was was actually a fuel shortage and there was lines of cars at the few stations that had gas. 

Wasn't a fuel shortage, the pipe from Tuscon broke and we were only allowed to have the gas with the addedtive in it. Was a bunch of bs..

2 hours ago, recurveman said:

They actually make the money off of people that apply.   The thousands of people that pay $13 for an application fee is much larger than the fee of the actual tag.   If they really wanted to make money they could say the tag was $1 and then charge $19 for the application fee.    That would make more money for the G&F than raising the tag price.    

I dont think you get my point.

I want to hear from someone who wasn’t charged $2100 but got called by azgfd for a sheep tag or was charged the regular $300. If it’s all people who got charged $2100, that would be surprising that none had a limit below 2100

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I want to hear from someone who wasn’t charged $2100 but got called by azgfd for a sheep tag or was charged the regular $300. If it’s all people who got charged $2100, that would be surprising that none had a limit below 2100

Let's say that someone had a limit less than $2100 on a card and the card got declined.    It doesn't mean that the game and fish immediately go to the next person in line and try the next card.    Maybe they do but it is a very big assumption that a bunch of people missed out on a sheep tag because they had a limit less than $2100.   I would want some facts before I made any statements of how it was handled.   Right now the facts are limited.     

3 minutes ago, recurveman said:

Let's say that someone had a limit less than $2100 on a card and the card got declined.    It doesn't mean that the game and fish immediately go to the next person in line and try the next card.    Maybe they do but it is a very big assumption that a bunch of people missed out on a sheep tag because they had a limit less than $2100.   I would want some facts before I made any statements of how it was handled.   Right now the facts are limited.     

They usually go next in line the following week after the initial charges. Hopefully if there were declined charges for $2100 then they would try the $300 then move on to next if still declined.

• Like 1

Just now, bonecollector said:

They usually go next in line the following week after the initial charges. Hopefully if there were declined charges for $2100 then they would try the $300 then move on to next if still declined.

That is what I would hope too.    I don't know their process.   I do know their process could be improved by 10 fold compared to other states hunt.   With that said.......I just want my sheep tag!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, recurveman said:

That is what I would hope too.    I don't know their process.   I do know their process could be improved by 10 fold compared to other states hunt.   With that said.......I just want my sheep tag!!!!!!!!

Congrats man. Desert or Rocky?

1 hour ago, bonecollector said:

Congrats to you guys that drew sheep tags. I would pay $2100 for a rocky tag.

I'd have to mull it over a little bit but i'd probably pay $21,000 for a sheep tag....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bonecollector said:

Congrats man. Desert or Rocky?

It will be a desert.    Currently my odds are about 60 - 40.    This could be my wife's tag.   She has 19 points and had a slightly lower draw percentage than myself so.........It could be her tag or my tag.   Either way I'm going to wrap a tag around a sheep this fall and have a life sized mount of a sheep in my house!!!!!!!!!   I'm stoked either way.   

• Like 2

Just now, GreyGhost85 said:

I'd have to mull it over a little bit but i'd probably pay $21,000 for a sheep tag....

I don't have to think about it.  I would pay that for all 4 species today and have my slam done by the end of the year!!!!!!  

There you go Lame & Fishy if you charge more and hire some real IT people and retire the old lamo's you would not be the laughing stock that you are now.

A friend of a friend had a rejected charge on his card for $2,100 on Friday.  He called first thing this morning.  He's going sheep hunting. 

I have to think that they know this was an issue, so that they are going to be very careful about reissuing any sheep tags due to rejected cards.  They typically don't reassign tags until the following week anyways, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to keep it straight....but they never cease to impress us with their ability to make mistakes, so who knows.

• Wow! 1