Sign in to follow this  
oz31p

Youth hunt velvet

Heading to 35b Thursday with my daughter. 

what are the odds coues will still be in velvet?

4 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

If she dinks out, maybe. 

Not Likely she shot a 102 last year 

Nice!  I think your odds of finding a buck like that in velvet are pretty slim.  Did you post a pic of that 102" last year?  

33 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Nice!  I think your odds of finding a buck like that in velvet are pretty slim.  Did you post a pic of that 102" last year?  

I doubt it

I was in 35b on Saturday scouting for my daughter's youth hunt and I glassed up 7 bucks and every buck was in full velvet. Should be a fun hunt

• Like 1

All the bucks I glassed up on Friday (including a 100" buck) were all still in velvet. But a couple were starting to rub.

Thanks guys. This will be the earliest youth hunt I’ve done. Just wanted to know if I need to prepare for preserving velvet 

Last weekend on the youth hunt every buck we saw was still in full velvet. We glassed probably 15 or so bucks. I would think they would start rubbing this week. 

With the late moisture everything is dropping velvet late. So far all of the mule deer up here (3c)are still in velvet.

VideoCapture_20211004-071716.jpg.c60373f4f2d9be0fc1ddec45c767d91e.jpgVideoCapture_20211004-070548.jpg.dc52852a52be30ab57478c0d52e0f50e.jpgVideoCapture_20211004-071241.jpg.8d838d96b0ef5691dd4df7ec1ff56599.jpg

• Like 9

I’ve been watching two WT bucks in central AZ for this weekend’s juniors hunt and they were both hard horned last time I saw them on September 24th.