Sign in to follow this  
sherman

The fire is back

After going through a divorce and trying to figure life out. I lost my fire to hunt (she hunted with me) and hunted a few years and it was depressing so I took a leave of absence. Then a good friend asked me to teach him how to hunt 3 years ago he got a javelina tag I half butt showed him how to hunt. He bugged me about deer until we got tags last year he got a deer I got tag soup. Javelina season was over in about 2 hours for us we both tagged out. This year was different for me I got a new 243 about a month ago dropped a leupold cds scope on it and learned how to use it lol I am old school. Everything I had heard was that this year deer where hard to find. This unit doesn't produce very many bid deer normally so my standards are typically set low. Opening day we see 5 doe not bad considering what people where  saying day 2 we get to our first spot and people are there back up plan hit a spot we seen a good buck in the year before. I don't hike in in the dark so we where glassing the area we where going to be hiking through. I set up and within 3 minutes I have this guy glassed up at 7:30 a.m. I hit him with a range he is at 285 I dial my scope in and get on him squeeze the trigger sob I left the trigger on roll the safety off and squeeze the hand loaded Hornaday 95 gr sst hit him high rib hit his spine and out the other side. The fire determination and love is back. God is good now I just need to loose some weight 

FB_IMG_1638064582785.thumb.jpg.8ebb68b420fc1a708f21b8d4224115fa.jpg20211127_084448.thumb.jpg.dd2a97e22737f7ee389a930813ece1e0.jpg

• Like 25

2 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Congratulations on a nice buck and getting back after it!

Thank you 

I don’t think the fire ever goes out, may merely smolder occasionally 

• Like 2

Nice Buck. The Big D can really take the wind out of your sailsNot everybody bounces back so I'm glad you got back on track.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Nice Buck. The Big D can really take the wind out of your sailsNot everybody bounces back so I'm glad you got back on track.

Thank you

5 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Right on man, good deer. Only have 1 life so stay positive and get the most out of it.

Thank you 

• Like 1