Yuma Outdoorsman

Saw this on Instagram...what’s your take?

I wrote an email to the commish yesterday supporting Brian rimsza.   He has good ideas, kind of making everyone happy.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

"the department disagrees". 

WELCOME to AZGFD hunter input!  I think the input and review  periods are merely to appease hunters into possibly believing their feedback matters.

It's just a legal obligation to take public feedback. I hope they take that into consideration but they do as they please. 

8 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Every wildlife agency in the country must put garbage in garbage out.

Not true. Mandatory reporting on deer harvests are being utilized as we speak in other states. You put actual data in. You get actual data out. I get the algorithms argument. But it’s time to start counting. 

• Like 2

On 12/9/2021 at 11:41 AM, Sneaker said:

I'm telling you guys, the problem is archery demand is higher, compared to rifle demand, than it was 30 years ago, but we are using the same old 20% archery harvest cap. They need to decrease rifle tags and increase archery cap to allow hunters to hunt more overall without killing more bucks. I did a bunch of research and sent in comments and beautiful charts and graphs showing the trend of demand but they just said "the department disagrees". 

image.png.37f32ceb18efa761dddf7da25a7d3a3b.png

This happens because of the way they allocate the tags based on choices on the apps, otherwise known as the "pie chart". OTC archery is actually hurting us there because not many guys put in for archery hunts as a first choice. If they considered the first and second choice in the pie chart I think we would come out a bit better. At least that's the way they used to figure it out. That might be different now. Either way that 20% thing is ridiculous and was never even part of the picture up until about 10 years ago. When Tice Supplee retired, bowhunters started taking it in the shorts.

36 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Not true. Mandatory reporting on deer harvests are being utilized as we speak in other states. You put actual data in. You get actual data out. I get the algorithms argument. But it’s time to start counting. 

Here's the data from the mandatory reports. Answer the question.

So let's see...except for the other 24 guys who also killed but lied on their report, honest hunters reported killing130 bucks in ##unit last year. What percentage of the herd in that unit was killed?  

how soon before we will be required to self-report when we do not wear our masks inside our own homes?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SunDevil said:

how soon before we will be required to self-report when we do not wear our masks inside our own homes?

I already reported you for predicting  UA 2 wins. Be expecting a knock at your door

1 hour ago, AZBIG10 said:

You couldnt prove it to me that New Mexico's wildlife populations are any better off than ours.

1 hour ago, trophyseeker said:

Here's the data from the mandatory reports. Answer the question.

So let's see...except for the other 24 guys who also killed but lied on their report, honest hunters reported killing130 bucks in ##unit last year. What percentage of the herd in that unit was killed?  

I’m missing the arial survey #s. Or are these pretend too?

48 minutes ago, 654321 said:

You couldnt prove it to me that New Mexico's wildlife populations are any better off than ours.

I would say it is a region thing. Amd would argue they are both poor numbers. Hunters call animals  pockety. Which translates to low numbers 

2 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

I would say it is a region thing. Amd would argue they are both poor numbers. Hunters call animals  pockety. Which translates to low numbers 

We live in a desert not Alabama. It’s never gonna be 100 deer per square mile.