Sign in to follow this  

Ward's Outfitters

1 hour ago, rossislider said:

This sucks. I've met Steve on a handful of occasions. Really nice guy and great family. If true, I hope this some sort of simple error or oversight that can be corrected. 

Fact is he pled guilty and paid a fine. He said he has since hired a secretary to make sure this doesn’t ever happen again. His business must really being doing so well that you accidentally forget to report taking $70,000 plus worth of clients on an elk hunt in 5B that you weren’t properly permitted to be on the Coconino Forest.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

4 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Fact is he pled guilty and paid a fine. He said he has since hired a secretary to make sure this doesn’t ever happen again. His business must really being doing so well that you accidentally forget to report taking $70,000 plus worth of clients on an elk hunt in 5B that you weren’t properly permitted to be on the Coconino Forest.

Do you know what happened to the guy who pulled a gun on the bison hunter?

I think it's funny the guy that gets brought up is Steve ward and his forgetting to fill out a guide report (who gives af?) but the no name guy charged with running a criminal syndicate and convicted of like 8 illegal takes and illegal possessions at the same meeting isn't mentioned. Seems a lot of people only care about rule breakers or poaching if it's someone that's "hunting famous" or a guide. 

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

9 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Do you know what happened to the guy who pulled a gun on the bison hunter?

Only what was in the video posted and the guy that posted the video said no charges were filed against either party

9 minutes ago, AZtroutman said:

I think it's funny the guy that gets brought up is Steve ward and his forgetting to fill out a guide report (who gives af?) but the no name guy charged with running a criminal syndicate and convicted of like 8 illegal takes and illegal possessions at the same meeting isn't mentioned. Seems a lot of people only care about rule breakers or poaching if it's someone that's "hunting famous" or a guide. 

Seems like that’s life in general, how many people are shot every day and yet all the headlines were focused on Alex Baldwin. If you’re going to be Instagram famous you better believe when you screw up it’s going to be news. As for who gives(AF) I guess the answer to that is the AZGFD and the commission must have.

Interesting topic. So a Guide that sounds like he is for the most part a decent sort flubbed some paper work by accident, or because other motives? The FS fines him and the AZGFD hammers him hard. Why a harsh punishment for failing to report a couple of hunters? Was the commission trying to crack down on under reporting? Were some commission members motivated against Steve? Seems like a punishment fit for guiding unlicensed, taking out hunters without proper permits/licenses or guiding hunters outside their permitted unit.  Why did the commission hit him so hard ???

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, AZAV8ER said:

Interesting topic. So a Guide that sounds like he is for the most part a decent sort flubbed some paper work by accident, or because other motives? The FS fines him and the AZGFD hammers him hard. Why a harsh punishment for failing to report a couple of hunters? Was the commission trying to crack down on under reporting? Were some commission members motivated against Steve? Seems like a punishment fit for guiding unlicensed, taking out hunters without proper permits/licenses or guiding hunters outside their permitted unit.  Why did the commission hit him so hard ???

Maybe that was the standard punishment for that infraction?  It seems the AZGFD commission makes it a point that guides will and should be held to a higher standard.  Maybe Steve's lawyer did some investigating and found out that every other guide found guilty of the same infraction got a 5 year ban so he figured what the heck lets attack the WM that supposedly had it out for Steve and see how that goes for us.

I don’t know him personally, but it seems like overall he has always had a pretty good reputation. Also, hasn’t the G&F had it out for him for a while because of his archery success in SE AZ, to the point where they greatly reduced the otc seasons in those areas? I think there’s some history and they may have been putting in the extra work to nail him for whatever they could. Typical of government agencies these days, go after those who question and/or challenge you. IMO the punishment is much harsher than the “crime”

• Like 8