AZBIG10

Its over!

I read 22,000 applications.  Not 22,000 for each tag.  22,000 total applications at $13 would be $286K.  Am I wrong here?

1 minute ago, SunDevil said:

I read 22,000 applicants.  Not 22,000 for each tag.  22,000 total applicants at $13 would be $286K.  Am I wrong here?

Not sure. A full application with six hunts was $78.00 for a resident.

30 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

i only had $12 left so I didn’t apply 

I'm holding my 13 for the elk draw. Sure hope you can make a dollar to apply in February. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

I did not apply as i have no faith in what our money ACTUALLY goes towards. I would also really like to see who actually drew the tags. I am not inexperienced or inept at understanding what kind of finances it takes to run a BIG operation and I can’t make any sense out of where all the revenue goes. G&F officers don’t make much money (they should), there either aren’t enough of them or they have very little presence in the field and i personally see very little habitat improvement. Revenue keeps going up and populations, age class and habitat keep going down. 

• Like 7

Hey, I read the other day where a guy spent something like 45 or 46 years applying for Big Horn Sheep. So some of you still got a chance!

14 hours ago, SunDevil said:

I read 22,000 applications.  Not 22,000 for each tag.  22,000 total applications at $13 would be $286K.  Am I wrong here?

Hey, you Sundevils understand math,  they must have picked up the curriculum....apparently a lot of others on here  don’t. Other than the whopping extra $2 for NR applicants, and the final tag fees which couldn’t be more than5k, I believe you’re pretty close.  As HuntHarder posted there’s a lot of people on here  who aren’t happy unless they have something to complain about. Good grief, 6 tags for a quick influx of cash, bfd.  Since the State budget has notoriously raided GF’s coffers over the years, they don’t have the surplus our state budget does.  Do you think Douchey would grant them the money that was taken since the state is flush? Riiiight.  Move on people.... I was one of the people who used my sportsman’s ID instead of my new customer ID, because as Flatlander posted, us Wildcats don’t read so well.  I wasn’t happy about the blindside, but I’m not going to complain about it a week later.  Just another contribution to wildlife  that I don’t get to hunt since I can’t draw.  

10 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

Hey, you Sundevils understand math,  they must have picked up the curriculum....apparently a lot of others on here  don’t. Other than the whopping extra $2 for NR applicants, and the final tag fees which couldn’t be more than5k, I believe you’re pretty close.  As HuntHarder posted there’s a lot of people on here  who aren’t happy unless they have something to complain about. Good grief, 6 tags for a quick influx of cash, bfd.  Since the State budget has notoriously raided GF’s coffers over the years, they don’t have the surplus our state budget does.  Do you think Douchey would grant them the money that was taken since the state is flush? Riiiight.  Move on people.... I was one of the people who used my sportsman’s ID instead of my new customer ID, because as Flatlander posted, us Wildcats don’t read so well.  I wasn’t happy about the blindside, but I’m not going to complain about it a week later.  Just another contribution to wildlife  that I don’t get to hunt since I can’t draw.  

Valid points. To associate unhappiness  as a direct correlation to questioning the way a govt is conducting themselves tho… bit of a streeeeetch.   I’m not finding the logic in this. 

put wildlife first over the money. Read it again

That’s it plain and simple.

Ie the g&f were practically begging the general public to “send water” whilst they are paying brandy Newburger 60k to hunt. TF? Why not throw that 60k at some water trucks and utilize the free labor from the corrections dept and “give water” as in do your job. 

my hat goes off to Flatlander for ending that sh1t show of paying influencers. Had that gone unchecked who knows what the next payday would have been for the next famous YouTubeer. Yikes

This is a prime example of identifying an issue and making the necessary corrections. And you know what. Flatlander wasn’t wrong by doing so. 

• Like 1

Boy I screwed the pooch on the math big time. Sorry about that I forgot it was one fee per app and only 6 available tags.no complaints from me.hopefully the extra $$$ goes to habitat or something to improve water sources lots are in need of repairs. Idiots cutting hoses and shooting the shoot outa the tanks

22,000 apps doesn't mean only 22,000 app fees charged. Every app I put in for myself and my family was considered 1 app but had anywhere from 4-6 hunts on the app costing $52-$78. You can do the math but I already told you the answer.

5 hours ago, AZtroutman said:

22,000 apps doesn't mean only 22,000 app fees charged. Every app I put in for myself and my family was considered 1 app but had anywhere from 4-6 hunts on the app costing $52-$78. You can do the math but I already told you the answer.

So you can put in for 6 hunts per app? Look again