Sign in to follow this  
desertsheep

A boy and his bull

As some of you may remeber. My oldest son Brock some how beat the odds and drew a early rifle elk tag this year. Well As it came to a close on Thursday he ended up taking a great bull for his first.

I would like to thank all our close friends who gave of their time to come and help Brock and I on his hunt. I had one close hunting buddy who spends countless days in this unit and guides hunters there every year. He had a few bulls for us to look at and hunt. For the first few days we hunted a big bull down in the cedars. We never could seal the deal on this bull so we decided to move location and try for a differnt bull.

On Tuesday evening we got to a spot that had bulls bugling as soon as we got out of the truck. We snuck into 200yds and got a look at the bull a couple of cow calls and the bull was headed our way. I got Brock set up on a log to rest his rifle on since he still had his cast on. The bull came in to 40 yds and the boy let him have it. Thanks again to all those who help. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Brocks2008elkhunt001.jpg

Brocks2008elkhunt010.jpg

Brocks2008elkhunt013.jpg

J- What a great bull, Congrats Brock on a great year you earned it man.. Nice job.

Brock, you're the man! Congratulations and I bet you will take him to school for show and tell. I know I would! You're on a roll and keep it up. Good job young man. :)

TJ

Awesome job guys! Congrats Brock on a beautiful bull!

Phil

Congrats to you and your Boy, Jason!!! Gotta love it, when a plan comes together!!