clintb

Best unit for 2022 with 23 points resident

I have 23 points going into the draw this year. I was pretty confident I would draw unit 1 early rifle last year with 22 points. That is the hunt I have always wanted. Looking at odds, unit 23n, 23s, 3a/3c and 27 are viable this year, everything else should be a given. My dilemma is should I keep waiting on unit 1, or go for another unit? Looking for suggestions, thanks.   

If youre in the game for the 23 hunts, I wouldn't bother with another choice imo.

• Like 5

Agree 23 would be an awesome hunt, especially if you know the unit well or get a guide like the ground pounders.  All those units you mentioned are solid AF, really comes down to which unit you know better or want to hunt.  If it were me, I would go the 23's, 3a/3c, 1 then 27.  

• Like 1

23 is great if you are in good physical shape.

If you are not it can be unhurtable, especially 23 South.

44 minutes ago, JSR said:

23 is great if you are in good physical shape.

If you are not it can be unhurtable, especially 23 South.

Plenty of big bulls NW of the airport below the Rim and it is pretty flat. There are also some nasty places if that's your thing.

• Like 1

23 all the way. S before N if you're in good shape. 23s took 25 points last year but they added 5 tags this year so that should help. Personal opinion be happy you didn't draw 1 and can now go for 23. However, I don't think 23 points gets you as much as you think. Here's a breakdown of those units last year. 22 didn't draw any of those in the bonus pass and 23 barely did in 1 and 23n. All those guys at 22 with you last year now have 23 like you and those guys with 23 and 24 last year that didnt draw are still there. So good chance 23 won't get you a bonus pass tag this year either. There's 12-20 guys with the same amount points or more going for those hunts. If you're the last one to draw could be a few more years.

Screenshot_20220118-163924_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220118-163947_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220118-164005_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220118-163953_Chrome.jpg

19 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

With 23 points, 4b late rifle should be a lock.  

I saw a pic of a bull guy got on the late hunt this year that was really nice. It was only one straight on pic but it had to be 360

36 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I saw a pic of a bull guy got on the late hunt this year that was really nice. It was only one straight on pic but it had to be 360

I actually like 4b.  Had a 380-390 bull on cam there when I had that tag years ago.