Oakley

Tag increase

1 hour ago, Northern Pintail said:

If you’re not in the hat until 10 points theoretically over the long term wouldn’t point creep go up once you’re not losing people before 10 points because they drew?   

No

13 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Hard to say without studying the bonus point reports.  How many right now, with less than 10 points, draw rifle antelope?  I would say the majority of the tags issued are to guys with less than 10 points.  Just a guess tho.

Ive drawn 3 antelope tags.

one with 2 points - archery

one with 3 points - rifle

one with 10 points - ML'er

On 2/8/2022 at 12:17 PM, Newbie2012 said:

End party apps. This will stop the point “selling” game guys play w/PG.  

Or, you want to play the point guard game? Great, everyone in your party app has to turn in their tag too. 

Hit the nail on the head. !

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 6:46 AM, JSR said:

Ive drawn 3 antelope tags.

one with 2 points - archery

one with 3 points - rifle

one with 10 points - ML'er

I think I've had 5 all archery

I want to go hunting not take pictures of me and my crew with a big animal. Either some bad luck r some of you suck at picking hunt choices. If we are gonna throw out dream ideas how about if you were not born in Arizona you don't get bonus points. Anyways I get drawn alot and not many choice hunts to brag about but I get out and do what I love. If what you love is killing a big animal then more power to you. But don't think I am taking something away from you by drawing tags. People that complain about not drawing tags obviously hunt to kill not enjoy the experience that is at least in my blood.

• Like 3

Heck lets get serious, before you are allowed to apply for a tag you have to demonstrate running with a 20# day pack for 200 yards and then hit a 6 inch plate at 250 yards from an improvised shooting position.

On 2/8/2022 at 8:14 AM, idgaf said:

Since we are speaking hypothetically.  Turn elk units totally primitive consecutive years and then allow standard methods consecutive years.

For example, archery hunts traditional equipment only.  Muzzy hunts no inlines.  General hunts limit scopes to 6 power. 

Then watch the quality go way up. 

IGDAF you are the MAN !!! Love this idea, it's called hunting so go basic and hunt. BTW took two 6X6 bulls with a fixed 6 power scope, not really a handicap.

29 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I don’t get jealous of people that draw tags that I don’t want. I do get jealous of the guys that seem to draw early archery bull tags nearly every year. 

You have to tuck your ears in your hat man!

• Thanks 1

Are these guys with 10 plus points putting in for the same unit every year? Back in the day 10 was king, then another unit and so on. So put in for the same 2 hunts that you really want and stay off toprut...?

I’m for cheaper tags.  
It gets spendy just trying to just put gas in the tank.  
I like the primitive hunt unit idea from IDaho  Game And Fish….

Also, we could ban application services.  We could put a ban on commercially published for profit hunting videos.  (Anything subsidized or monetized).  Tired of people who kill for the followers, likes, and the ‘gram.  

A lot of guys in the field who are not true sportsmen, but just glory hounds seeking sponsorship.  

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 7:14 AM, idgaf said:

Since we are speaking hypothetically.  Turn elk units totally primitive consecutive years and then allow standard methods consecutive years.

For example, archery hunts traditional equipment only.  Muzzy hunts no inlines.  General hunts limit scopes to 6 power. 

Then watch the quality go way up. 

I could big time get behind more primitive hunts and weapon limitations. 

• Like 3