Oakley

Tag increase

Better idea. Keep people from moving here and buying tags and don't offer non resident hunts. No putting in for your brother's girlsfriends aunt to transfer tags.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ctafoya said:

Better idea. Keep people from moving here and buying tags and don't offer non resident hunts. No putting in for your brother's girlsfriends aunt to transfer tags.

I think this will deter putting in 2nd cousins distant aunts and uncles. 

One car payment for an elk tag- w 1/2 of the hunters in the field. Yes please

If 800 applicants draw that year they are out for next 2 years. So by year 2  1,600 less apps will help the next folks in line.

I would be 100% game with having to wait several years after drawing a certain premo tag or have to apply 10 consecutive years for rifle antelope and sheep before your name goes in the hat. This wouldn’t help trophy quality but would probably knock down the bonus pass on quite a few hunts. Raising tag proces would do nothing. Every person puts 20 applications on their credit card anyways. Money up front would not solve but would surely help the problem of BP farming that is going on, especially since PointGuard became a thing

• Like 1

End party apps. This will stop the point “selling” game guys play w/PG.  

Or, you want to play the point guard game? Great, everyone in your party app has to turn in their tag too. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I would be 100% game with having to wait several years after drawing a certain premo tag or have to apply 10 consecutive years for rifle antelope and sheep before your name goes in the hat. This wouldn’t help trophy quality but would probably knock down the bonus pass on quite a few hunts. Raising tag proces would do nothing. Every person puts 20 applications on their credit card anyways. Money up front would not solve but would surely help the problem of BP farming that is going on, especially since PointGuard became a thing

While waiting on my first  acrhey bull tag I had a close friend pull 3 tags in 4 years. Same hunt I put in for every year. 

1 minute ago, Newbie2012 said:

End party apps. This will stop the point “selling” game guys play w/PG.  

Or, you want to play the point guard game? Great, everyone in your party app has to turn in their tag too. 

Or if you point guard you sit out the next year. Would make people actually in need tobuse it not abuse it

Some very good ideas my general point was to Maintain revenue needed to fund our department while decreasing tags to better manage a full healthy herd 

• Like 2

On 2/8/2022 at 11:46 AM, GreyGhost85 said:

If you’re not in the hat until 10 points theoretically over the long term wouldn’t point creep go up once you’re not losing people before 10 points because they drew?   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Northern Pintail said:

If you’re not in the hat until 10 points theoretically over the long term wouldn’t point creep go up once you’re not losing people before 10 points because they drew?   

Hard to say without studying the bonus point reports.  How many right now, with less than 10 points, draw rifle antelope?  I would say the majority of the tags issued are to guys with less than 10 points.  Just a guess tho.