Sign in to follow this  
Yuma Outdoorsman

Monsoon Rain

43 minutes ago, creed said:

Went antelope scouting Wednesday. I have no idea how to access my hunting areas. It is a quagmire. They have been getting rain everyday and are forecast for rain every day as far out as they forecast. I have never  seen that area even close to being that wet. 

What unit?

8 hours ago, creed said:

Went antelope scouting Wednesday. I have no idea how to access my hunting areas. It is a quagmire. They have been getting rain everyday and are forecast for rain every day as far out as they forecast. I have never  seen that area even close to being that wet. 

It sucks not being able to get around, but we need more.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 8:17 PM, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

I have been addicted to watching the doppler that last few weeks and watching all the rain in the desert. I finally got a chance to drive through some of my favorite areas to hunt this past weekend and there was standing water on Sunday from rain on Thursday. That is awesome to see. Usually, that water is soaked up in a few hours but to see it still there days later means the washes have been running and the desert has been getting plenty of water. Let's hope that translates into some big, fat, healthy bucks for us all. 

Cabeza got more rain yesterday. Unreal 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Cabeza got more rain yesterday. Unreal 

Ya Cabeza will be as green as ever with all the rain it’s had this monsoon. It awesome though. These animals need it. 

2 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

Ya Cabeza will be as green as ever with all the rain it’s had this monsoon. It awesome though. These animals need it. 

In 10 years, 180” rams everywhere cuz lambs gonna make it this year 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

Getting more rain in some of Unit 39 and a few of the 40's units of the desert. Should be some fat and happy deer over the next few months. Only 83 days until the opener. Should be a great rifle season. 

No deer in those units 🙈

Was just reading an article from the Las Vegas Journal, Lake Mead has risen 15" in the past week. They're partially crediting the wettest monsoon in decades for that. They must have some real brainiacs working there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Edge said:

Was just reading an article from the Las Vegas Journal, Lake Mead has risen 15" in the past week. They're partially crediting the wettest monsoon in decades for that. They must have some real brainiacs working there.

Com' on, they gotta give more credit to the water cutbacks they issued.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Com' on, they gotta give more credit to the water cutbacks they issued.  

Yes and the Inflation Reduction act.

Amazing how a culture that can't tell an innie from an outtie thinks they are going to control nature 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Edge said:

There are 43,560 sqft per acre  1 foot deep; 43,560 sqft. X 7.48 gals/cuft. =325,828 gals of water or one acre foot. 

In Lakeside, this has been one of the best monsoons we've had in a while. Raining almost daily and the ground is soaked. Got a Unit 1 bull tag and for sure the tops are going well. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wow! 1

39 minutes ago, 452b264 said:

There are 43,560 sqft per acre so 1 foot deep =325,828 gals of water or one acre foot. 

Now multiply that times the lakes surface area, o my.