Sign in to follow this  
CouesFanatic

Archery Kills rolling in already

58 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

It’s on instagram and his page is not private I’ll send it you 

I was looking on the gram and I’m not seeing it. Send it my way too, if you would. 

Monday is when there will be a big spike in the harvest report.  Some it takes a couple days to figure out where the bucks are and some will be shooting anything tomorrow (Sunday) before heading back home.  Give them till Monday to fill out their report….that’s my prediction.

• Like 2

On 8/20/2022 at 12:03 AM, trphyhntr said:

I’m not sure how to address this quote

i mean there’s been plenty of book stuff killed the last 20 years 

and unit 1 is way better than it used to be. 3c as well more deer, 3b more deer. Never been but sounds like 7, 9, 10 are doing really well on deer. Desert units producing giant bucks. A 290 was killed in the desert a few years ago.  There’s been giant bulls killed. 300” strip deer. Some of the biggest coues ever have been killed recently Maybe you’re not looking in the right spots. 

matter of fact, what unit is worse off now than it was in the late 80s? I can’t think of any. 

edit: aravaipa ram peaked about 1990. 

17b.19b,23,24a ,22 and 24b.....

Idk what I’m more impressed with the spikes getting killed or the 40lb bears getting killed. 

i don’t bear hunt so idk, but are bears just not passed on? Like you just shoot whatever bear no matter the size? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

17b.19b,23,24a ,22 and 24b.....

24b kicks butt so idk what you’re talking about. Unless you mean desert mule deer, which I’ve already addressed.

Guest akaspecials
Just now, EarlyBronco said:

I can’t get the page to scroll on my phone , is there a secret haha

Change from mobile view to desktop view then refresh the page. 

On 8/20/2022 at 5:13 PM, daryl_s said:

I was looking on the gram and I’m not seeing it. Send it my way too, if you would. 

Might be this one-

A9E5319D-9FE7-4F36-A633-1F6AF2B653A3.jpeg

• Like 7

Wt numbers in 23 are down for sure.  Even seeing less mulies in areas where they used to be fairly abundant.  Drought, sxs's crawling everywhere most trucks didn't used to go, and Anasazi kids crawling thru some of the most remote areas I've hunted have affected their numbers and, in some cases, pushed deer deeper.  Just have to adapt and deal with it.  The new quota system has put more of an urgency to get out opening weekend.  I knew it was going to be a very wet trip, but rather than wait till later, I still spent 4 days getting soaked (and not seeing many deer) because I knew I might not get to go later.  I still had a blast and got out of the Valley, priceless!