I always liked the tooth brushes in the trees in the dig outs on the bottom of the washes.. Do they still put berlap on there water jugs?

Stretched out on my cot in 36C looking up at the stars and moon at this very moment.   Freaking beautiful evening out here.  

Been here since Tuesday.  As always, BP is running around but I haven’t spotted any crossers yet.  

Good luck to all of the early hunters! 👊🏼

• Like 4

8 hours ago, stanley said:

Stretched out on my cot in 36C looking up at the stars and moon at this very moment.   Freaking beautiful evening out here.  

Been here since Tuesday.  As always, BP is running around but I haven’t spotted any crossers yet.  

Good luck to all of the early hunters! 👊🏼

Jealous!  Seeing and good bucks out there?

On 10/26/2023 at 4:18 PM, trphyhntr said:

With the border gates welded open, I gotta think there’s less crossers in the desert than ever? 

incorrect, all gates in AZ have been closed for almost a month now, and most of the gaps in the fence are being filled in with new fence. of course the reservation west of 36C is still wide open and the Baboquvaris are still very busy.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AZLance said:

incorrect, all gates in AZ have been closed for almost a month now, and most of the gaps in the fence are being filled in with new fence. of course the reservation west of 36C is still wide open and the Baboquvaris are still very busy.

Interesting 

Hope no one minds if I bump this back to the top. With the hunts almost over for 2023 I would be very interested in hearing from those who hunted the border units, and what kind of activity they saw this fall.

3 minutes ago, POk3s said:

Hope no one minds if I bump this back to the top. With the hunts almost over for 2023 I would be very interested in hearing from those who hunted the border units, and what kind of activity they saw this fall.

2 hunts on the border, didn’t see any sign fresh sign. 

Just now, trphyhntr said:

2 hunts on the border, hardly any in the desert. They don’t have to walk across right now, they’re letting everyone in 

I figured that was the case. Good year for border coues…bad year for the country!

My own update....early Nov. hunt, No IAs seen. Tons of hunters.  No good bucks seen.

Youth hunt after Thanksgiving.  No IAs seen..  No other youth hunters, a few Dec. scouters.    No BIG bucks found, Grandson took a decent forky.

Great Hunt 

Headed to Mex , in  Mid Jan.   Border looks like a shoot show.....

13 minutes ago, Couesnut said:

My own update....early Nov. hunt, No IAs seen. Tons of hunters.  No good bucks seen.

Youth hunt after Thanksgiving.  No IAs seen..  No other youth hunters, a few Dec. scouters.    No BIG bucks found, Grandson took a decent forky.

Great Hunt 

Headed to Mex , in  Mid Jan.   Border looks like a shoot show.....

They don't have to walk anymore,  they get bussed in. 

36 A   Well just got back , from my Dec hunt . 
7 days , 17 miles on boots , through the mountains, covered the East and West mountain ranges , plus the flats . My eyes are burnt from glassing ! 
Normal day of 30 does , 4 to 8 illegals and 2 groups of heavy backpackers ! I believe, we have moved into scouts on American side , helping with passage , definitely not hunters ! 
7 days saw one 75” buck and 6 spikes