Sign in to follow this  
Umpqua

Unsuccessful hunter in 22S in 2022?

1 hour ago, Bill V said:

I drew my tag in 2015 with 24 points and shared my camp with a hunter who drew with no points other than Hunter ed. So hope should spring eternal. That is the beauty of the Arizona system. Odds are long but not impossible.

What unit did you draw?
How was the hunt?

6 hours ago, DUG said:

I wish I would have applied for sheep more in my younger days. I hope to see a tag in my lifetime. AZ resident all my life until Oct. 2021. Looks like I made it tougher on myself. Not moving back anytime soon if ever. But I'll keep applying every year. This year is the 1st year in a few years I didn't buy bonus points and actually entered the draw. 

So you were a resident and didn't buy a lifetime license? Ouch!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, naturebob said:

Well said Sir !............BOB!

How would you know about sheep? You still haven’t drawn a sheep tag yet. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow! 1

10 hours ago, Chef said:

I just want to be able to post with my ram in my avatar!

I don't know, Hector.....    That plate of food looks freaking delicious! ;) 

Here’s a dilemma, I talked to a guy yesterday who has 39 points for sheep. He put in for a unit that only has one tag, and the person that drew it was an 18-year-old girl  that had never put in for sheep before. Shouldn’t that be impossible? Shouldn’t that tag have gone to a max point holder?

17 minutes ago, bojangles said:

Here’s a dilemma, I talked to a guy yesterday who has 39 points for sheep. He put in for a unit that only has one tag, and the person that drew it was an 18-year-old girl  that had never put in for sheep before. Shouldn’t that be impossible? Shouldn’t that tag have gone to a max point holder?

Is max 39 now, that’s a lot of years. Maybe she got it passed to her when she was 17

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, bojangles said:

It's 20% of the total tags that go in the Max draw. 

LOL, guys and their sheep draw complaints.  Can't win if you do not play.  BFD if you never get a tag.  They look terrible mounted and most are as tender as leather.  Only because they are such a limited resource, are guys so bricked up to shoot one.  Hopefully I draw a tag at some point in my life and let my son or daughter plug one to piss off Bob.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Is max 39 now, that’s a lot of years. Maybe she got it passed to her when she was 17

Nope, she was 18 and drew , according to the hunter.

1 hour ago, idgaf said:

It's 20% of the total tags that go in the Max draw. 

What does that even mean?  How would a guy know which “tag” got put in the 20% alottment, so he could make his decision? 

5 minutes ago, bojangles said:

Nope, she was 18 and drew , according to the hunter.

yeah but according to the hunter he had 5 more points than humanly possible also 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, bojangles said:

What does that even mean?  How would a guy know which “tag” got put in the 20% alottment, so he could make his decision? 

He just needs to luckier than the other people in the max draw. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wish2hunt said:

How would you know about sheep? You still haven’t drawn a sheep tag yet. 

What is it to You . You no nothing about how many times I been on others hunts . Is everyone in that Town like you?

• Haha 1