Sign in to follow this  
GRONG

I'M OFF!!!

Headed to Mexico this Thursday for my first coues hunt down there. Going with Jim Reynolds and I'm anticipating a great hunt. Kind of a long one, 8 days, but I know we'll see some deer and I hope we can find a good one. Not really holding out for any particular score, just "the look". Whatever that happens to be I won't know till I see it. Hopefully I'll be back on the 20th with pictures to share. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Good Luck to you Josh, You will have lots of fun. I relive my trip down there last year everyday! cannot wait to see your pics and hear about your trip.

I said it before and I'll say it one last time....... You're gonna get yourself hooked on Mexico. If you go once you're gonna have to go again and before you know it, it'll be an annual addiction that you spend way to much money on. I'm speaking from experience. Best of luck!!!!

Good luck to you Josh. Several of us are also heading down there on Thursday. We are coming back on Tuesday with additional opportunities to return in Jan during the peak of the rut. looks like there may be a little weather coming through on Sun - Tues. I know of a 118" buck that was taken down there the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Josh Epperson + Jim Reynolds = more bone finding experience (on or off the hoof) than 99.9% of the rest of the Coue's hunters in the world.

I'm going to (conservatively) estimate the unfortunate recipient of Bullet ala Grong at 110 B&C.

T

ps, at least I can take comfort hunting Coues for the first week of archery season knowing that those two daemons are frightening the deer south of the border instead of my backyard...

Best of luck to you Josh! Can't wait to see the pics and read the story when you get back! Oh and please have mercy on us when you get back and don't leave us hanging and waiting for the story and pics for hours/days like Jim likes to do! :P

-Tracy

Good luck to ya Josh. Not that you'll need it much ;)

And just to get you even more lathered up, I just got back Saturday and saw more big bucks this year than ever.

Have a great trip Josh, can't wait to see a big ol buck with your mug behind it.