Sign in to follow this  
Big or Bust

What's for dinner tonight?

4 hours ago, PRDATR said:

As a kid I could never imagine ruining a perfectly good peanut butter sandwich by putting jelly on it it. I only put jelly on toast. Now were talking back in the 50's when the only bread Mom bought was Wonder Bread for us five kids.

Berny Mac called that a choke sandwich.... white bread with just peanut butter 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, HyNoon said:

Berny Mac called that a chock sandwich.... white bread with just peanut butter 

And we've always called a turkey breast with mayo on white bread a mighty whitie.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, 25-06 said:

And we've always called a turkey breast with mayo on white bread a mighty whitie.

So, if you dry swallow is that a tightey whitey?

• Haha 1

Johnsonville jalapeño brats with sauerkraut tonight. Not pic worthy. Lucky wishbone has the “all white meat” couple years ago the boss asked me if I was being funny. Nope, that’s what it’s called.

• Like 1

I've had wild have from all over the world.  Pretty hard to beat dall sheep. 

Sitka blacktail is by far the best deer venison. Mule deer is by far the worst!.

Moose is very good, much better than elk. It makes for dry meatloaf though. 

• Like 1

Lunch today:  Pan seared tuna with  a cilantro, chive, black and toasted seasmee seeds crust.  Finished with scallions and slightly spicy citrus based sauce.  The diced tuna in a quick marinade sesami oil, soy and ponzu.  Topped with sesame seeds and micro greens. 

20230630_114050.jpg

20230630_114045.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, n2horns said:

Lunch today:  Pan seared tuna with  a cilantro, chive, black and toasted seasmee seeds crust.  Finished with scallions and slightly spicy citrus based sauce.  The diced tuna in a quick marinade sesami oil, soy and ponzu.  Topped with sesame seeds and micro greens. 

20230630_114050.jpg

20230630_114045.jpg

Killing me. Fantastic...

2 hours ago, n2horns said:

20230630_114050.jpg

20230630_114045.jpg

The only thing even close to this is Hectors octopus. 

20 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Johnsonville jalapeño brats with sauerkraut tonight. Not pic worthy. Lucky wishbone has the “all white meat” couple years ago the boss asked me if I was being funny. Nope, that’s what it’s called.

Must be a regional thing, we didn’t feel like going crazy and that’s exactly what we had for an early dinner tonight, except regular not jalepeno and a salt and vinegar potato chip garnish. 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, n2horns said:

20230630_114050.jpg

20230630_114045.jpg

Dang that’s almost too purdy to eat!

We went Middle Eastern this Friday evening.

I wish this was in memory of my Turkish ibex but I've yet to realize that off my list of things to do.

Made some Lebanese style lamb Kofta kebobs and grilled them over pecan.

Accompanied by Middle Eastern flatbread and our own tzatziki , was very nice.

image_50416129.JPG

image_50441729.JPG

image_50756609.JPG

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Chef said:

I wish this was in memory of my Turkish ibex but I've yet to realize that off my list of things to do.

image_50416129.JPG

image_50441729.JPG

image_50756609.JPG

Now that looks good as always. Hector you need to write a CWT cookbook. I'll pitch in to get it published. If I'm not mistaken Amanda was ready to do it a few years back.

2 hours ago, Chef said:

image_50416129.JPG

image_50441729.JPG

image_50756609.JPG

How was the grind on the lamb, medium coarse? Flatbread of fire is the best, really any dough type over flame gives a different chew and flavor.

So,be careful what you ask for…I strutted up to the meat counter at Fry’s the first day of their last sale on brisket and said” give me your biggest brisket!” Smooth…,when the butcher  dropped the slab  of meat, I was concerned for his health as he was elderly. There was no backing down at that point.

26.5 lbs going to smoke for 12_14 hours tonite.   Was not sure it would fit,on the Traeger.IMG_0119.thumb.jpeg.a4a2ffffbd579ad16b2f47c04e197601.jpeg

• Like 3