Sign in to follow this  
Titanium700

Deer tags. (In mail?)

4 minutes ago, daryl_s said:

I got my tag the day they posted results. E-tag is the way to go!

They can take there e everything and shove it. I don't carry my phone with me while I'm hunting. This has me worried.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, 25-06 said:

They can take there e everything and shove it. I don't carry my phone with me while I'm hunting. This has me worried.

Yeah, it's just a personal preferrence for me. I got the iPhone 14 when I heard about the new satellite capabilities it would have, plus I always have onx maps downloaded for offline use. I like the convenience of the e-tag so I decided to give it a go this year. I get why some may not like that option. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, daryl_s said:

Yeah, it's just a personal preferrence for me. I got the iPhone 14 when I heard about the new satellite capabilities it would have, plus I always have onx maps downloaded for offline use. I like the convenience of the e-tag so I decided to give it a go this year. I get why some may not like that option. 

Yep, for Onx (plus the FarOut app that I'm using for the AZ Trail hiking that I'm doing), it's pretty awesome that satellite capability is there.   I would sell my stock in Garmin, if I owned any.... ;) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, daryl_s said:

I got my tag the day they posted results. E-tag is the way to go!

Yup, e-tag in hand.   Same for my lion tag. ;) 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 3:13 PM, HyNoon said:

We haven't got our elk tags yet ... have those been mailed yet ? 

Probably months ago.

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2023 at 3:13 PM, HyNoon said:

We haven't got our elk tags yet ... have those been mailed yet ? 

Check and see if you are signed up for e-tags.  I do not recall signing up for it (I like the paper tag in my pocket).  But my kid received his tag in the mail the same day as my buddy.  I did not receive mine.  Called G&F and they advised I was signed up for e-tag.  Like I said, I do not recall signing up for it (and would not have), but my account was setup for it.  So I had to download the stupid App.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2023 at 8:02 AM, daryl_s said:

Are you satisfied with the GPS functions on the Iphone14?  I am borderline due for a new phone, and have an older 11, but lose coverage for Xmaps etc. here and there.  I like the idea of having the GPS in the phone , and not needing the Garmin.

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

Are you satisfied with the GPS functions on the Iphone14?  I am borderline due for a new phone, and have an older 11, but lose coverage for Xmaps etc. here and there.  I like the idea of having the GPS in the phone , and not needing the Garmin.

I use onx and download maps ahead of time so that I don’t need any signal and it has worked perfectly fine. When I have no signal it shows S.O.S. And a little satellite icon. If I hurt myself really badly and need emergency services I could text 911 via satellite. To this point I’ve never had to do that, but it gives myself and my wife a little more peace of mind knowing I have that capability. I don’t feel like I need an emergency locator, or spot messenger, or anything of that sort now. I haven’t ever tried sending a text yet while connected via satellite. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213426#:~:text=With iPhone 14 and iPhone,location with people via satellite.

Has anyone had a tag show up yet?  I thought they would have been here last week.