Ohthatguy

A thank you to AZGFD

4 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Yeah the guys checking cams were the ones tearing up the woods on side by sides….

thats absurd.

Said  no one.  I said most guys I saw checking cams were driving right up to the tank, including guys in trucks.  No one seemed to want to walk to remote water sources, those were the ones I saw no cameras on.  Walking in, you have a pretty good chance of seeing wildlife, driving in, not so much. Even now, I'll see vehicles as close to the water as they can get, and maybe  get out and walk around it.

It's all a difference of a opinion. We all utilized cameras different. When its 115 degrees down here in the desert, I don't have motivation to go out and look around the waterholes for animals. When we could use cameras, I had a reason to go out in the heat and atleast see what was in the area then I used October to "scout" and find where they were actually hanging out then ready to go for the season. There is no need to go walking around in August/September when its that hot and risk jumping or pushing deer causing them to run and over heat just so I could see them. I miss the cameras not only for deer but I saw so much cool desert life with cameras. It is awesome to see the desert come alive at night. 

• Like 4

On 8/30/2023 at 8:15 PM, AZLance said:

always one guy^^^

Well he happens to know I was busting his balls in fun. Why would I know what he needed to fix it? Think about it....some people have friends here and some are just dicks.. I happen to be both. Some are just dicks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, TOBY said:

some people have friends here and some are just dicks.. I happen to be both

This is what makes this place great…same boat. 

• Like 1

I went up to my ek unit recently, met a guy who said he is  running cameras. Not sure.   I don't any more.  It made me think how unenforceable this is. 1. not many g and f officers per unit. 2 they have to identify the cameras owner. 3 then they have to know what his intentions were for using the cameras. was it to aid in hunting?  and on and on.. Just my thoughts..

2 hours ago, bwana said:

I went up to my ek unit recently, met a guy who said he is  running cameras. Not sure.   I don't any more.  It made me think how unenforceable this is. 1. not many g and f officers per unit. 2 they have to identify the cameras owner. 3 then they have to know what his intentions were for using the cameras. was it to aid in hunting?  and on and on.. Just my thoughts..

As if anybody thought this would not happen.

4 hours ago, bwana said:

Did you let him know it's illegal now?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Did you let him know it's illegal now?

Illegal only if it's “for the purposes of taking or locating or aiding in the take of wildlife,”

• Like 1

Just now, Chef said:

Illegal only if it's “for the purposes of taking or locating or aiding in the take of wildlife,”

True, I made an assumption that he was for hunting.

We were experiencing a lot of vandalism at my mine. We had advertised for a public event out there on local radio stations encouraging people to "follow the signs." Evening before the event,  the signs were all cut down. So I put cameras out watching signs and the front gate.

Never caught the trouble maker, save this one babe near the front gates. (Ignore the date stamps, pics about 11 months old)

13629.thumb.jpeg.cc5398486e5b3629e4140e107da45be2.jpeg13630.thumb.jpeg.0ad6df8b2af8174c5e7915951cbf9e02.jpeg13628.thumb.jpeg.54d02cdf1b08edec10a27c1ceb1f4b70.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1