Sign in to follow this  
twistzz

First Bugle Of The Year!

This guy was in the backyard last night.  Had a pretty good harem with him.  I did a cow call and he let loose :)  Pretty cool!!

IMG_2587.jpg

• Like 13

Wish I had a tag...  Good luck, I bet you get one!  That's going to be a fun hunt.

1 hour ago, Crazymonkey said:

Nice !! I can't  wait  to get in the woods with my dad and his buddy  for the muzzleloader  hunt in 6a .

That's a great tag to have.

A few bulls were getting vocal yesterday evening. Saw a couple 320s and one that’s Probly mid 350s. All were with cows. One of the bulls wallowed for a good while. The rut is close. 

• Like 1

If hunting bulls in the lower elevation units like maybe 22s, 23s, or maybe the southern section of 27 do you guys see a change in bugling? Like do they start later, earlier or no real difference?

Whem we were fishing lake mary few weeks ago there was a few bulls bugling. Was cool to hear on lake. 

Spent Friday, Saturday and Monday in 27 and never heard a single bugle. Saturday I finally found some bulls and they were still in bachelor groups and the cows I saw had no bulls at all with them. On Monday I was glassing as the sun went down and saw a small 6 point chasing 2 cows. Really weird as the different places were about 20 miles apart.

Still have 9 days left 😁

Jeff

• Like 1

I love this time of year!  Hot up here this week but next week will get back in the 70's with some rain in the forecast.  Then it will be game on...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cohntr6 said:

Spent Friday, Saturday and Monday in 27 and never heard a single bugle. Saturday I finally found some bulls and they were still in bachelor groups and the cows I saw had no bulls at all with them. On Monday I was glassing as the sun went down and saw a small 6 point chasing 2 cows. Really weird as the different places were about 20 miles apart.

Still have 9 days left 😁

Jeff

Spent all last week up there and started hearing bugles on Saturday and Sunday morning. Saw a decent bull layed up on my way out with about 30 cows. Going to be a good rut hunt. 

20230903_112457.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, olmos1010 said:

Spent all last week up there and started hearing bugles on Saturday and Sunday morning. Saw a decent bull layed up on my way out with about 30 cows. Going to be a good rut hunt. 

20230903_112457.jpg

Yup. Def DECENT.

On 9/6/2023 at 7:11 PM, cohntr6 said:

Still have 9 days left 😁

Jeff

The nursery herd in Alpine  had a nice 6 with them and was a screaming muddy mess.