Sign in to follow this  
azphil

Game processor

My grandson has a youth elk tag in 4A. Are there any recommendations on a game processor in Payson or the Heber area. We live in the valley west side.

Thx

The trailer will be in Forest Lakes.  They do a great job from my experience.  You can pick it up in the east valley or they will meet you in the west valley for a fee. 

The trailer last year was extremely convenient plus they deliver. I was very pleased with how my bull from last year turned out.

If you in the west valley white tanks meats but call before you leave for the hunt and see if they have room

12 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

Who is normally in Clints Well and any feedback? Are they there every year? Thx.

That is also Millers I believe. 

I have used the forest lakes trailer before. Very convenient and they do a good job. 

Von Hansen's did a bear for me and they were really good too. Much better with the sausage/snack sticks/slim Jim's than Miller's. 

• Thanks 1

Although I have not used him because I can't seem kill anything, my hunting partner has been happy using Karls custom meats in camp verde.  He has taken two elk and a couple deer to him.  For those with tags this year, I recommend getting your meat cutter located before you head out.  Good Luck

Address: 3691 W Cherry Creek Rd, Camp Verde, AZ 86322
Hours: 
Closed ⋅ Opens 8 AM Wed
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, knothead said:

Although I have not used him because I can't seem kill anything, my hunting partner has been happy using Karls custom meats in camp verde.  He has taken two elk and a couple deer to him.  For those with tags this year, I recommend getting your meat cutter located before you head out.  Good Luck

Address: 3691 W Cherry Creek Rd, Camp Verde, AZ 86322
Hours: 
Closed ⋅ Opens 8 AM Wed

They were okay the first year I used them but the last was terrible.  They did all the sausage wrong and their butcher work was fair at best.  I would recommend Millers.  

3 hours ago, Hoss50 said:

That is also Millers I believe. 

I have used the forest lakes trailer before. Very convenient and they do a good job. 

Von Hansen's did a bear for me and they were really good too. Much better with the sausage/snack sticks/slim Jim's than Miller's. 

Van Hansens told me all they do is ground now. Millers has been my go to but after processing half my elk into sausage that I didn't ask for, I'm done with them.  Hundreds of dollars of meat I'll never use. If anyone wants some send me a message, you can have it. Their customer service it horrible btw, couldn't get them to refund any of the money, they offered to give me a few bags of beef jerky which was horrible and was thrown in the garbage. 

I think I'll try Caseys in Flag next, unless theres someone else in the valley. 

28 minutes ago, CouesFanatic said:

Van Hansens told me all they do is ground now. Millers has been my go to but after processing half my elk into sausage that I didn't ask for, I'm done with them.  Hundreds of dollars of meat I'll never use. If anyone wants some send me a message, you can have it. Their customer service it horrible btw, couldn't get them to refund any of the money, they offered to give me a few bags of beef jerky which was horrible and was thrown in the garbage. 

We've  been  using  Casey's since Ron in Payson retired and moved to be closer to his son. They've  been quite  good for the two elk taken there and if my dad gets one on the muzzleloader  hunt it will  be where we go

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CouesFanatic said:

Casey's did an elk for me in 2015, and a deer for my buddy in 2018. Both good experiences.

I have heard Sanchez in Phoenix is good too,  bur never used them yet. 

Karl's did the deer for a friend last year and yhat turned out well too. 

• Like 1

I usually do my own but Gilbert Butchery in the valley did a great job on a deer and an elk when our kitchen was being remodeled, would highly recommend. I want to say the elk was like $150. Von Hansons makes great sausage but can be pretty pricy. There’s a local processor in Young AZ named David off Hindu Xing that does good work as well. Good luck on the hunt 

Do your own. Well worth it and you know it is all your own elk. The more you spend on the first processing will buy the equipment and save you money every time after that. 

Casey's in Flagstaff is the only processor in Arizona that is reputable and quality, if you ask me.