Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Some 3A BS

28 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

License, actually

Correct.

Your valid hunting license grants you entry into state trust land and is your permit. The hunting permit includes access to Trust lands while harvesting game.

No target shooting allowed.

• Like 2

From what I know… which may not be accurate. Your hunting license gets you into most state trust properties. If the property is being used for a reason that hunting doesn’t jive…. Then it can be locked up. True or not, this is my experience.

8 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

So if IM hunting coyotes my hunting license makes me legal?

"Hunting is allowed on Trust lands for those who have a valid hunting permit. No recreation permit required. The hunting permit includes access to Trust lands while harvesting game. Those who do anything else while hunting, however, need a permit. Going to camp while hunting? If you intend to camp on Trust lands, you will need a recreation permit. Camping without a recreational permit ? even while hunting ? makes you a trespasser.

You would think if you can fire a gun to harvest a deer you could fire a gun for target practice, right? Well, you would be wrong. Recreation permit holders may not discharge a firearm on Trust lands. If you have a permit and discharge a firearm on Trust lands, you have violated the terms of your agreement with the Land Department and you are now trespassing.

There are other ways for permit holders to become trespassers as well. The Land Department leases some areas of Trust lands to private parties and these areas become off-limits. If an area is posted by signs other than the Trust signs saying a permit is required, the area is not for public use. Prospecting and rock hunting require a lease agreement separate from a recreational permit. Visitors are also prohibited from visiting archaeological sites."

What if CW.com applied for their own lease of state trust land?

Could we lock out the tweakers, range maggots, bunny huggers and rock worshippers?

59 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Who enforces Tresspassing on the state land? Surely all the people I see riding side by sides don’t have proper permit. 

Last year in pig camp by Florence it was PCSO that busted us. We never ever heard of needing a permit to camp there.  He said they were going to start inforcing it.

• Like 1

The annual permit is only $15 for individual and $20 for family, which includes two adults and children. You can buy and print online. I started doing this last year, just to be sure I'm legal. I heard they were going to start enforcing it. Never worried about it for the last 40 years...never been stopped.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Last year in pig camp by Florence it was PCSO that busted us. We never ever heard of needing a permit to camp there.  He said they were going to start inforcing it.

They told my uncle the same thing and then I asked sheriff and he said that was incorrect ??

9 hours ago, Viper said:

The annual permit is only $15 for individual and $20 for family, which includes two adults and children. You can buy and print online. I started doing this last year, just to be sure I'm legal. I heard they were going to start enforcing it. Never worried about it for the last 40 years...never been stopped.

Yup. Cost less than a pizza. There’s a lot of State Trust land where I ride my side by side. It goes from FS back to ST, and back and forth. Much easier to just spend the $15 when I’m hunting or just taking the UTV out for a ride without worrying about it.

• Like 1