Jim8521

Cbp shutting down ports

7 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

America’s youth is ya’lls kids so…

Worked my kids as soon as they were able. My oldest turned 21 today. She's done 14 hour days with me in the past. Became manager while in high school her first job.  Second oldest quickly did the same. He now works for me and also part of the future business.  Your statement is true though. I always talk about this subject with my customers and I always tell people that kids of business owners seem to have the best work ethics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

You live in Sierra vista, you’re probably picking between 3 white dudes to begin with jfc 

Do you think the ratio would be different where you live?

9 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Do you think the ratio would be different where you live?

Probably, I’m in east Mesa. Idk dude I’m sorry I haven’t had the same life experience as you guys have I guess

Because know plenty of hardworking white people. Few blacks even, natives. 

• Like 1

There’s a few hardworking whites out there.  Let’s just say the ratio isn’t there on whites fellas.  I’m in ND, so it’s a different blend here for sure, but all of our crime, all of our welfare cases, are all white dudes.  We don’t have many Mexicans up here, but the ones we do all work their rears off, don’t complain, and pay their bills.  White guys had their good generations and their over with now in general.  This generations Mexican concrete finishers, roofers and landscapers are raising the next generation of contractors, doctors and lawyers.  It’s happened with plenty of other ethnic groups in this country, it’s the American way and it’s a dang good one.  I love to see hard work pay off for people.  

• Confused 1

I see both sides of the equation.

Lets not forget we are all decendants of immigrants and at some point we embraced the entitlement. People feel threatend  when they see their everyday life changing. It's not the end of the world and the sky is not falling.

I'm 71 years old. Knew a man who fought in the Civil War. Born in NYC and grew up with families that had grand parents that spoke no to little English from Italy, Syria and Puerto Rico. Our neighborhood was a true melting pot. My sisters Father-in-Law was a German who spent time as a POW in Russia. My neighbor escaped Germany as a young kid. His brother died in a German Concentration Camp. Think about carrying that burned into your memory.

Yup, the landscape is changing. Just like it has for the past 600 hundred years. The cemetery close to my house on Long Island had about 40 graves. Some were well over 400 hundred years old. Barely legible. Native American land, bought by Quakers and Dutch Settlers.

29 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

The border is as close to being wide open as it possibly can be right now. 

Saw some good clean footage a fellow CW’er posted yesterday online of some dudes with big packs.

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

I see both sides of the equation.

Lets not forget we are all decendants of immigrants and at some point we embraced the entitlement. People feel threatend  when they see their everyday life changing. It's not the end of the world and the sky is not falling.

I'm 71 years old. Knew a man who fought in the Civil War. Born in NYC and grew up with families that had grand parents that spoke no to little English from Italy, Syria and Puerto Rico. Our neighborhood was a true melting pot. My sisters Father-in-Law was a German who spent time as a POW in Russia. My neighbor escaped Germany as a young kid. His brother died in a German Concentration Camp. Think about carrying that burned into your memory.

Yup, the landscape is changing. Just like it has for the past 600 hundred years. The cemetery close to my house on Long Island had about 40 graves. Some were well over 400 hundred years old. Barely legible. Native American land, bought by Quakers and Dutch Settlers.

We are all not Descendants of illegal immigrants 

• Like 4

I kinda see it differently.  I'm in manufacturing  and make parts as a cnc machinist  so if it flys,drives,or blows up sh*t on land ,sea,or air I've made something  for it. I work 7 days a week  82 plus hours a week  every week  to provide  for my family  and to have the things  I do just to see my work get  sent to Mexico  . The guys down there make about 1/3 of what  I make in an hour per day . Our government  gives tax breaks to the major companies  who we support  to keep jobs here but it ends up there for no other  reason  but profit. If it isn't  itar  and can't  be exported ( military) it usually  finds its way south . The claim of no work is not true there are many of the major companies  that have located to Mexico  . You should  have seen  it when covid hit . They were quick  to pull machines outa Mexico  as the borders  closed.  Our own government  panicked as they realize  we have very little that's actually  made here! Auto,medical,and military. There are plenty  of hard working  people  here just most have  forgotten  how ! Each generation  gets less and less educated  in schools  in basic life skills . There is no wood,metal,auto,or just about any other job skill type classes offered  anymore. 

4 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

I kinda see it differently.  I'm in manufacturing  and make parts as a cnc machinist  so if it flys,drives,or blows up sh*t on land ,sea,or air I've made something  for it. I work 7 days a week  82 plus hours a week  every week  to provide  for my family  and to have the things  I do just to see my work get  sent to Mexico  . The guys down there make about 1/3 of what  I make in an hour per day . Our government  gives tax breaks to the major companies  who we support  to keep jobs here but it ends up there for no other  reason  but profit. If it isn't  itar  and can't  be exported ( military) it usually  finds its way south . The claim of no work is not true there are many of the major companies  that have located to Mexico  . You should  have seen  it when covid hit . They were quick  to pull machines outa Mexico  as the borders  closed.  Our own government  panicked as they realize  we have very little that's actually  made here! Auto,medical,and military. There are plenty  of hard working  people  here just most have  forgotten  how ! Each generation  gets less and less educated  in schools  in basic life skills . There is no wood,metal,auto,or just about any other job skill type classes offered  anymore. 

Chris I took "Shop" every year from 7th grade on until I graduated and learned a bunch and made some pretty cool things. Learned how to set type from a California Job Case, how to do sand casting, how to use a sheetmetal brake, how to pour slip into a mold and that was just in Jr High.

In HS I took Wood Shop every year. Built book cases, a hydroplane boat,  learned  hot to bend wrought iron and how to stick weld. Built a 36" chandelier out of wrought iron and wired it. Classes like these should be mandatory. A couple of years ago I go a flat tire on the work van and had to have one of the guys bring me a jack. The  bosses son came out with another guy who was 24 and said, "so that's how you change a tire!"

Like they say. Experience is what you get after you need it.

• Like 1

I've been a painter for over 40 years in AZ and the labor force has definitely changed in the last 10+ years.  The last time I tried to hire painters, I included a $500 bonus to be paid after one month (if they stuck around) and I couldn't find many takers that were qualified.  I would get plenty of calls, but no one would actually show up for the in-person interview. (Finally had a woman show up and stick around for the month and then she was out of there once she got the $500.) When employers end up competing against the government that is giving away $ (that they took from the employers in the form of a tax), why would the next generation work for the money when they can get it just for applying with the government?

I'm all for legal immigration, but when literally millions pour into the country illegally, heck no!  having said that, I have to say that 99% of the people that hold the signs asking for money on the street corners don't appear to be Hispanic.  They are coming here because they want to work, n ot because they want a free handout.

“They are coming herebecause they want to work, n ot because they want a free handout.“

Seems to me that there’s been at least two articles in the last week  about these immigrants being already involved in organized retail theft operations. Better define “ work”…..

• Like 1