Sign in to follow this  
Green Bullet

Rut report.

Taking my daughter down to 34a next week for rifle Coues.  Ran those hills quite a bit for archery but it’s hard to get those bucks on those hills with a bow. Looking forward to improving our odds with the 7 mag lol

hows the pre rut looking in the southern units?  If I had to guess I’d say big boys are still hiding given the heat and dryness but my guesses usually suck…

I’ll be in 35b but not till the 26th

look like a small storm is coming through at the end of the week

Too early, after Christmas hope for some cold weather. Then will talk again. Hopefully.

• Like 1

Saturday the 2nd Muledeerarea33 and I seen a toad of a buck chasing does. He was a solid 100+ buck. Does didn't want anything to do with him. It was probably in the upper teens that morning and down by the border. Anyhow hope this helps.

• Like 3

My hunt started Friday the 15th , Not one buck all weekend in 24B  , Saw some doe .

DT

Been in 34a. Astounding lack of deer movement in general, and absolutely zero sign of rut activity. Anyone seeing anything out there? Really banking on this storm stirring the pot it seems!

Still too early for southern coues but is anyone seeing any rut action in the central units after that last storm and cool temps?  I’d imagine the mule deer in the southern units are starting a little?