Sign in to follow this  
257 STW

Early rifle bonus points 23S 23N

Anyone have an app that has bonus point odds  for residents? Or can tell me what the chances with 24BP would draw for early rifle hunts

3a/3c early rifle 100% odds

4b early rifle 100% odds

5bn early rifle 100% odds

5bs early rifle 100% odds

Unit 9 early rifle 100% odds

Unit 10 early rifle 63% odds

22n early rifle 100% odds

27 early rifle 100% odds

23n early rifle with 24BP 22% odds

23s early rifle early rifle 24BP 1.8%

23N will be 100% odds if you have 25BP

If you want a 23N rifle tag you might have to wait another year or 2. You can certainly draw this year. A few tags with 24BP made it into the bonus pass last year. These are all odds for 2023 on gohunt  

• Like 2

is crazy 22N was 100% in 2022 but 22.2% in 2023 and 23S is 1.8%

i will put for 5B north is 100% and you can kill a huge bull in there.

• Like 1

I have 25 points, been holding out for unit 1 early rifle. I may do a bonus point this year, in order to hopefully draw unit 1 next year. 

Thanks for posting up odds. i guess ill be waiting . I really would like the 23s tag but the north will work i have waited this long whats a few more years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clintb said:

I have 25 points, been holding out for unit 1 early rifle. I may do a bonus point this year, in order to hopefully draw unit 1 next year. 

Why not put in for 23N this year and have that tag garunteed this year?

Also there isn't a early rifle hunt this year. But the muzzy hunt will be an easy garuntee if you put in for it. I have a muzzy that shoots well to 250 if needed if you wanna put in for that hunt. Think of it as a single shot rifle. You're more than welcome to borrow it

• Like 1

You guys are forgetting about point creep.  Dig a little deeper and see how many people are chasing it.  Also look at last years odds with 23 points as that’s the tier you’re on.  I’m guessing you’re 5-10 years out.  

So since we get older while waiting on the 23’s, which of the 23’s has milder terrain to better accommodate an older person?

On 1/24/2024 at 7:52 PM, pirogue said:

So since we get older while waiting on the 23’s, which of the 23’s has milder terrain to better accommodate an older person?

both 23s and 23n have milder terrain, and steeper terrain.  the elk will be where they will be, however.  in the peak rut, I've seen monster elk in milder terrain on both sides of the line, but there's no guarantees.  

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 6:56 PM, 257 STW said:

Thanks for posting up odds. i guess ill be waiting . I really would like the 23s tag but the north will work i have waited this long whats a few more years. 

You get that 23N tag, give me a call.  

Last year 23s had 16 residents with 24+ points trying for it. 2 got a tag. Now throw in the guys with 23 from last year (your group) and now there are 28 guys trying for the two bonus pass tags. Can always get lucky in the random and of course some of those guys may have drawn other choices last year but in reality you're looking at possible waiting 10+ years for the 23s tag if you're the last guy. 

23n not looking much better with 10 guys with 24+ last year and 26 with 23+ tried for it. Certainly some of those will be the same people just applying for those two as different choices but even looking at just first choice  you have 20 with 23+ wanting 23s and 17 with 23+ wanting 23n. 23n has 3 bonus pass tags vs 23s but you can see 23n could still be 5+ years out. That's also assuming noone jumps into the pool from other units with a bunch of points. 

Holly Molly, if, when and how you could have a chance.