Sign in to follow this  
runningbird

Auction tags

1 hour ago, bonecollector said:

Im sure they are working towards a Utah type Expo. 

Pretty sure there was a group that tried that already and it went over like a turd in a punch bowl.

Ya, wasn't the one guy from like Utah doing dual residence for big horn tags or sumptin like that.

I believe a page back it was said 3 per species 30 total. But I like to be wrong.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Swivelhead said:

Just out of morbid curiosity, how many auction tags are there? 

There were two auction and one raffle per species. Next year is two raffle and one auction and in 2026 all three are raffle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

Pretty sure there was a group that tried that already and it went over like a turd in a punch bowl.

SFW and/or ASFW, I think.....   

Yep, went over about like you described. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

What is going to stop them this time? The commission is doing whatever they want. The public comments are just the dog and pony show. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bonecollector said:

What is going to stop them this time? The commission is doing whatever they want. The public comments are just the dog and pony show. 

I'm guessing it was the public that had enough of the same 3 guys buying their way into some of the best tags this country has to offer.  It seems like the commission heard the public loud and clear.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bonecollector said:

I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of the public would rather see raffle vs. Auction.  Then they feel like the little guy has a chance

• Like 2

When the mule deer tags raised $760k Or whatever it was last year, and say for arguments sake it was 400k the year before and 500k the year before. What did they do with all that money, Do they save it year to year or spend it all every year?

Yet they ask for volunteers to haul water in the summer to the trick tanks? Yeah that money is being spent wisely

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

When the mule deer tags raised $760k Or whatever it was last year, and say for arguments sake it was 400k the year before and 500k the year before. What did they do with all that money, Do they save it year to year or spend it all every year?

The money is allocated to a project(s) each year.  Sometimes the projects don’t get done in the year planned, in which case the money rolls to the next year.  Sometimes the projects take several years to complete so the money sits until the project is finalized.  Generally speaking all the money has a dedicated project and will get spent.  Sometimes projects get cancelled and that money that was allocated will be used for another project.  

6 minutes ago, twigsnapper said:

The money is allocated to a project(s) each year.  Sometimes the projects don’t get done in the year planned, in which case the money rolls to the next year.  Sometimes the projects take several years to complete so the money sits until the project is finalized.  Generally speaking all the money has a dedicated project and will get spent.  Sometimes projects get cancelled and that money that was allocated will be used for another project.  

Oh there is no doubt the money gets spent. I would like to see some transparency on where/how etc.