Sign in to follow this  
runningbird

Auction tags

23 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Oh there is no doubt the money gets spent. I would like to see some transparency on where/how etc. 

If you’re that worried about it do some digging and find out. The info is there.

11 minutes ago, 654321 said:

If you’re that worried about it do some digging and find out. The info is there.

If you have the info, why don't you share it with us?

57 minutes ago, TOBY said:

Yet they ask for volunteers to haul water in the summer to the trick tanks? Yeah that money is being spent wisely

No they ask for money. I asked for a letter last year so I could use a work volunteer day and haul water with my truck and trailer. They said they would rather I donate money. Way better off to donate to Wildlife Waterworks Dan does great work and all the money is used for wildlife.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Oh there is no doubt the money gets spent. I would like to see some transparency on where/how etc. 

You guys crack me up, I literally posted a link in this topic to the projects that the money has been spent on.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, twigsnapper said:

You guys crack me up, I literally posted a link in this topic to the projects that the money has been spent on.  

Yup!  It's all right there.  Thanks @twigsnapper!!

Here it is again, for those who missed it.  If you follow that link, there is a year-over year accounting of the projects and how much money was allocated.  Easy-peasy. ;)

Habitat Partnership Committee - Arizona Game & Fish Department (azgfd.com)

They have access to free labor via the dept of corrections. Maybe Randy newberg could be the foreman since he’s already been on payroll 🤣

I used to think like a lot of guys on this forum until I was invited to attend a monthly meeting of one of the wildlife groups. Man it opened my eyes quite a bit and changed my way of thinking. These projects are not cheap to do and a lot goes into the planning and getting approvals for the projects. It also feels good to volunteer on these projects with the sheep society, meeting a lot of great people and going around the state seeing new country and places I probably wouldnt ever go to. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, wildwoody said:

I just want a tag any tag.

You said you have 28 points for antelope and 25 for bighorn….there are hunts you could draw for antelope and I believe there are bighorn tags you could draw as well with those point totals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, codyhuntsaz said:

You said you have 28 points for antelope and 25 for bighorn….there are hunts you could draw for antelope and I believe there are bighorn tags you could draw as well with those point totals. 

For bighorn sheep all the applicants for all the hunts are pooled together for the bonus pass (not by hunt number like other species). With only 25 points he probably will never have max points and never be guaranteed a tag. He will just have to get lucky or out live everyone with more points than him.

1 hour ago, codyhuntsaz said:

To many points to waste on archery goat, and I will look into the big horn. Trphyhntr was say I believe 25 or 26 points for down at the border. Hopefully deer, 7pts

• Like 1

So if the same amount of revenue is generated from a raffle, I am having a hard time supporting the current auction structure. 

Since I was planning on winning the Powerball this week, I better hurry up and purchase the few remaining tags! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Redman said:

So if the same amount of revenue is generated from a raffle, I am having a hard time supporting the current auction structure. 

Since I was planning on winning the Powerball this week, I better hurry up and purchase the few remaining tags! 

That’s the problem, raffle tags don’t raise nearly as much as the auction tags….. and the commission has no concrete plan to replace the lost revenue.  

This is from the AZGFD presentation from January.

IMG_8635.jpeg.e0b63edac5946cd0c49753128c4c08d8.jpegIMG_8634.thumb.jpeg.0d7deddea73f9486a17884d3a2f5d7eb.jpegIMG_8633.thumb.jpeg.c8e4cf04f01a90c1d0e88c659be59fd7.jpeg