Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

What Round would Sell Best?

Choosing between a few rounds for a new build and looking for resale efficacy for each. Lets say retail on this site, what bolt action rifle would sell better in your opinion? Maybe top two? All are Standard, short action.

260 REM

6.5 284 Norm

6.5 Creed

6.5x47 Lapua

They are all gonna be close on price in my opinion but overall popularity and size of audience might lean toward Creedmoor.  Maybe 260 a distant 2nd for size of available buyers.  Resale on a custom build will hurt your feelings most of the time.  Most lose their butt on resale with customs. 

• Like 4

Since you specifically mentioned resale, I agree with the first two responses.  6.5 Creedmoor and it isn't even close.  Second place, 6.5X284 IMO.

I would remove the 6.5x284 N it needs a standard long action. 

1. 6.5 CM

2. 260 REM.

• Like 1

All of the Above! but me personally..the 6.5-284 the 6.5x47 Lapua. 

1 hour ago, 452b264 said:

I would remove the 6.5x284 N it needs a standard long action. 

1. 6.5 CM

2. 260 REM.

Ya I have some ideas on the short action 6.5 284 but it would be hand load only and its not proven. Im leaning towards the 260 rem and second the creed. Ive never shot a creed in 6.5 other than an AR10 but i always loved the 260.

As far as resale the idea was to build a nice rig and play for a while then sell and move on. I can do everything myself so resale will still be a profit if i can find a buyer. I have a Barrel already in 6.5 and a nice action which is why the constraints. 

Nobody buys creeds. Mines been for sale forever 

1 hour ago, ctafoya said:

No disrespect but I'm not sure the cartridge is the issue. Not many buyers want a bare used rifle right near the cost of a new one or to be forced into a package-only deal that includes substantial factory ammo and reloading components, most want one or the other.

OP, I would steer clear of the 6.5x284 in the short action, picking whichever cartridge that fits your purpose (i.e. bullet) and not worry about resale yet. Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ctafoya said:

Your configuration is more the reason than cartridge.  

• Like 2