TREESTANDMAN

Thieves suck!!!

So I've been really busy and haven't gotten up to the high country to check my camera's for a few months. I go to my most secluded spot miles from any roads on a bench after climbing a steep hill and my trail camera is missing. This is like the 4th camera I've had stolen since I stopped putting them on water holes and easy to find places!!! I had put an extra thick python lock on this one so the guy had to have gone back and purchased a pair of bolt cutters and gone back up to take them. It amazes me that a person would even find that spot much less be a dishonest theif!!!!

I had left my hunting pack in my truck with 2 cameras and my zeiss binoculars, knives, rangefinder, etc. (not smart) Last night my wife hear's some noise outside so she turns the porch light on. This morning I get into my truck and the back door is shut, but slightly open. My Middle console is open and my glove compartment is open. They had taken my pack!!!! I think my wife had turned the light on in just enough time for them to not be able to steal my pistol.

How many of you on this forum are thieves? please post if you've ever stolen a trail camera?

Luckily I had a 2nd camera and caught the face of this pukin thief on camera. If YOU are reading this I'm telling you that you'd better go back up to the spot you found it and duck tape it to the tree with a written apology. Don't put your name or any contact info as I do not want to go to prison for manslaughter. If it is not back in 1 month from today. I will post your ugly mug until I find out who you are and I will not say what will happen after that. I even had my name and phone # on the back of the trail camera you stole!!

"Thou shalt not steal"

That sucks dude! You think it may be someone on here? I learned a few years ago to not leave anything in my vehicles, I lost around $3000 in stuff when my truck was stolen.

Hope you find out who did this!

I say post'm up, maybe someone will recognize them. Thieves have no rights!

Why wait a month?? You had your camera stolen from you and you caught the punk on camera... Feed him to the wolves RIGHT NOW!! I say put em up ASAP!!

I HATE THEIVES.

That is the number 1 reason I just flatout refuse to sink a good size chunk of change into a bunch of cameras(although I'd love to have some out there).. seems they get stolen as fast as they can be replaced here in AZ.

Mike, that sucks, I'd post the pictures like the others said, never know, some one might recognize them. I pulled all my camera's at the end of January due to the amount of attention they were getting, it seemed like it was only a matter of time before one went missing. I've been wanting to set them back up, but I'll probably be reconsidering now, especially since you said yours was off the beaten path! Hope you're able to get your camera back.

Karl

I hate thieves, I say post the pics.

a nice picture of the thief might motivate him to return it quicker...........

Post it up!!!!!!

\

:ph34r:

I'd say post it IF you know it is him -- is the picture of him with bolt cutters, camera in hand? I've got a few photos of unsuspecting hikers on my cams...

Didn't GRONG get a camera ripped off; and when he found the guy he stood with one hand on the pumper truck hose and the other on the reverse pump lever and asked him to please return it??? Now that is leverage!! :ph34r:

That reallllllly sucks!!!! I agree with SBD, if you're sure it's him post it up. Why give the guy a month????? He obviously has no conscience so I say put it up and hopefully somebody will recognize him.

Mike, I cant believe you haven't posted this pic yet......I want to see what a thieve looks like.

Guest 300ultramag.

I have invented the most ingenious anti-theft gadget for a trailcam.... BUT I will not share this info. the only problem is it ruins the spot for about a week but they never get the camera! GUARANTEED! the best part is it only costs $9.00 but u have to take ur camera apart............

Scotty boy if u buy an expensive enough camera close to $500.00 it is considered a felony if someone takes it umm i mean possesses it! (6 mos. in jail and or 250 hrs. of community service). If these pricks start getting dings on their records for trail cameras theyll surely stop.

If you have a good cam just make sure u spend the time to back it up! not just a lock and chain.

I have invented the most ingenious anti-theft gadget for a trailcam.... BUT I will not share this info. the only problem is it ruins the spot for about a week but they never get the camera! GUARANTEED! the best part is it only costs $9.00 but u have to take ur camera apart............

Scotty boy if u buy an expensive enough camera close to $500.00 it is considered a felony if someone takes it umm i mean possesses it! (6 mos. in jail and or 250 hrs. of community service). If these pricks start getting dings on their records for trail cameras theyll surely stop.

If you have a good cam just make sure u spend the time to back it up! not just a lock and chain.

Why wont you share this anti-thift info?

Now That Was not very nice you big TEASE <_<

I do understand sharing it may compromise its effectiveness.

But dang now we all want to know how to protect our cameras :(

Sorry to hear about your losses Mike :(

I am sure my time is coming :angry:

Jason, Are you going to mail him his Cam back :o

JK :rolleyes: