TREESTANDMAN

Thieves suck!!!

Not his camera but a cudde that I have laying around... :) N/K

Mike is a great guy and this sucks..

J

Mine was stole too. :lol:

Do you need my address.

BTW I am a great guy too... I swear

I have invented the most ingenious anti-theft gadget for a trailcam.... BUT I will not share this info. the only problem is it ruins the spot for about a week but they never get the camera! GUARANTEED! the best part is it only costs $9.00 but u have to take ur camera apart............

Scotty boy if u buy an expensive enough camera close to $500.00 it is considered a felony if someone takes it umm i mean possesses it! (6 mos. in jail and or 250 hrs. of community service). If these pricks start getting dings on their records for trail cameras theyll surely stop.

If you have a good cam just make sure u spend the time to back it up! not just a lock and chain.

I can see why he won't if it involves, pipe, powder, and a triggering device.

I am with everybody else, post the pics. A few years back there was a guy posted a pic on here of someone messin with his camera. Turns out I knew who it was, and gave the guy his name and number. I have had 3 cameras and 2 memory cards stolen. I hate thieves!!!!!

I feel for ya Mike, I've had a few stolen, messed with, and cards taken and its the worst feeling and then to top it off with your truck getting hit! I've posted the pics I've gotten of the culprits but no one has come forward if they recognized them....I hope you results are different.

Phil

Honestly guys, I don't want to post the pic of him now because If I find out who he is, my thoughts and anger will just take over and I really don't want that. I will give him a chance to return it...and then post his picture. Yes, I got pics of him with what look like bolt cutters. The 2nd camera was up high so it is kind of hard to distinguish his features but it is pretty clear when zoomed in.

Jamaro, Thanks a ton for the kind gesture! You've already helped me out enough, It should be me offering you a camera. I'm making a claim on my stolen hunting articles from my truck and will be getting $$ to buy the stuff back new. I was not smart for leaving it in my truck and will not do that again.

Mike

One thing I just realized. My garmin E-trex was in my pack that was stolen from my truck. If this thief is a hunter he has got the gps coords to all my sweet spots!! :angry:

One thing I just realized. My garmin E-trex was in my pack that was stolen from my truck. If this thief is a hunter he has got the gps coords to all my sweet spots!! :angry:

I will be watchin Craigslist for Etrex :P

I need a few more stand sites.

Sorry you got burned twice by thieves.

Chances are the thief that broke into your truck is a crackhead, but he might sell it to a hunter which sucks.

Does anyone know what the law is on this. Say he posts the pic and someone knows the guy, can the evidence then be taken to the police and have a warrant served on the guy, a few of the thieves start getting caught and paying fines and jail time they might quit doing it. Then again a good old fashion butt whoopin would prevent some thefts too.

If you can prove for sure it is yours you can have the police get a search warrant to get it back or matbe have them do a sting on the guy and arrest him on the spot! The hard part is finding out if it is yours or not.

It is a homemade camera I made myself. I can prove it's mine, and I etched my name and phone # on the back. But I don't plan on involving the police.

Very sorry to hear about your camera. I also know the boiling rage that floods you when you walk up to find your cams gone. I lost three this last year that had a been out from Dec. 1 thru the end of Jan. Every bit of rut activity was lost on those cams. They were all on the same spring/scrape 2.2 miles from the end of a very long and rough road. I had never seen a another boot track in there in over 5 years. I still check all the trail cam forums, just hoping to find some of my pics posted. I know their was some toads on those cams. Still gives my a stomach ache after a year. Anyway, I'm sorry about your cam. I have a question though- Are trail cams on public land considered abandon property by law? I am not talking about the law of ethics, I'm talking State Law. If your thief is identified can you actually prosecute them? Seems I've heard that they are considered abandon property by law?

PLEASE POST THE PICTURES! Let the cums be known :angry:

Okay I have just one question what the heck is cums? :lol: :lol:

I can tell you a couple of times where I have seen some cums :lol: :P

It depends on who you ask. Per the forest service, the cameras become part of the tree and can be taken legally. At least thats what one forest service guy told me. Another told me if it is left there for more than a week it is public property, same with a treestand. That is one reason why I will not involve law enforcement.

I herd a story about a guy that stole a bunch of gps units from a store. The police were able to track them even if they were not turned on. You might want to check into this considering how much money all that stuff costs. Im sure you could give a statement to the police about info on that gps unit that only you would know. Sorry about the loss that sucks.