TREESTANDMAN

Thieves suck!!!

Per ARS 13-1802 A. 5

The person who is in possession of your belongings is guilty of (possession of stolen property). The only kick to this is the person has to knowingly believe the property is stolen in order to charge that person with the crime. The person who actually stolen your camera is guilty of theft ARS 13-1802 A.1.

As for the cameras being in the forest for any period of time, I have not heard of that. If you ask me, if the person knows the property does not belong to him or her, an it has any value to it, it would be considered theft. I have heard that he forest service taking down tree stands after a period of time, but that is a grey area for me. Speaking to a employee of the Forest Service would hopefully help clear that up.

For KGAINS question about the warrant. The Police Department would have to prove the item or items on the website, belongs to the victim. And even with the information that he property does belong to the victim, they must be able to identifiy the location of were the property is located in order to conduct a search warrant.

Regarding the items stolen out of the pickup truck, I would check the near by pawn shops. Those guys are just looking for some quick cash and the pawn shops always seem to have property that just so happens to turn up as recently stolen.

Hope this helps.

-Ryan

If you want my 2 cents on this topic the pictures need to be posted or don't even put this on the thread...We get the same posts year after year about people losing their cameras. It sucks you have to put 2 cameras up in a place one for game and another for thieves, but if you are one of the lucky ones to get a picture of the stealing post the picture and get the pictures out there this way others will know that people are getting smarter about this and they maybe on camera if they decide to try and steal one. I feel your pain as I have had one taken also but I can assure you if I had a picture of the dude that thing would be on every hunting thread on the web!!!!!

Guest 300ultramag.
I have invented the most ingenious anti-theft gadget for a trailcam.... BUT I will not share this info. the only problem is it ruins the spot for about a week but they never get the camera! GUARANTEED! the best part is it only costs $9.00 but u have to take ur camera apart............

Scotty boy if u buy an expensive enough camera close to $500.00 it is considered a felony if someone takes it umm i mean possesses it! (6 mos. in jail and or 250 hrs. of community service). If these pricks start getting dings on their records for trail cameras theyll surely stop.

If you have a good cam just make sure u spend the time to back it up! not just a lock and chain.

I can see why he won't if it involves, pipe, powder, and a triggering device.

no bombs here! just good old fashioned technology at its best!

i will tell u this if u come across 1 of my cams make sure u open it from the hinge side not he door....... hint

GH pm me!

Why give the guy a month to return it? He's a thief!!! He doesn't deserve a chance to return it. He deserves to be punished and what better punishment than to post his pic so everyone knows he's a crook. What if he doesn't log on to CW.com hows he to know your giving him a chance to return it. For all we know he's out there right now stealing someone else's stuff. The sooner you post the pic the better. You could very well prevent this thing from happening to someone else and saving them from the crap you went through. No telling how many other cameras he could still in the next month. Please reconsider and post his pic ASAP.

Why give the guy a month to return it? He's a thief!!! He doesn't deserve a chance to return it. He deserves to be punished and what better punishment than to post his pic so everyone knows he's a crook. What if he doesn't log on to CW.com hows he to know your giving him a chance to return it. For all we know he's out there right now stealing someone else's stuff. The sooner you post the pic the better. You could very well prevent this thing from happening to someone else and saving them from the crap you went through. No telling how many other cameras he could still in the next month. Please reconsider and post his pic ASAP.

+1

I would have to agree with Huntaholic. A few years ago I had a ladder stand ripped out of a tree. I was sitting another stand and saw the 3 people do it. I followed them out to the main road, took pictures of all three of them, and called the cops, however the two girls would not give up the guy who destroyed my stand. Turned out that they were from Australia and skipped town and the cops didn't have any records on the guy. I was pissed. My situation was a little different, but if you can find out who the guy is now it might help in retrieving your camera. If you wait, you may never know.

My $.02

P.S. Post them up

Getting the pictures from the cam is probably the reason he is giving him a chance to return it.Anyone running cams in April is hardcore and want those friggin pics.In my personal case when I got my cams lifted I was more upset about not having the pictures than I was about losing the cams. Cams can be replaced but the pics and info cannot. Still sick about it.

I doubt the person will return your camera or the pictures, but stranger things have happened. Good Luck to you Mike and I really hope it works out for you and you get the camera back.

a thief is a thief.

Yup, either way I cant wait to see this scum bag.....

Mike, that really stinks dude. I feel sorry for that guy if you catch him, and I really hope you do!!! He'll get what he deserves and hope he does. I have been lucky so far, have got guys on my cam but none missing....yet. A buddy got a few stolen last season but he refused to even lock any up so he was asking for it in a sense. I had let him borrow a couple of my cams, when I found out he wouldn't bother to lock em up I told him I wanted em back. This only keeps the honest people honest IMO.

If not the pics of the perp., then how about posting up the approx unit or area and the type of homebrew or pic of the cam so we can all keep our eyes open and have an idea where to start lookin?

This ticks me off and makes me get that un-settling feeling everytime I walk up on a cam wondering if it is there or not. :(

Good luck.

hello - is today the day we get a pic? The guy probably doesnt believe you have anything to post -- prove him wrong!! Gary

It will be a month as I said. Hopefully he/they will have it back with a note of apology.

thx,

Mike

Guest 300ultramag.
It will be a month as I said. Hopefully he/they will have it back with a note of apology.

thx,

Mike

lame!

you are assuming, and have faith in the good of people.... but your wrong and your getting your hopes up for nothing..... even when people get caught they never actually admit to it.... If u ask any person in jail, if they are guilty not one person would say yes! So why assume some doucher is gonna come clean over a crumby trail cam! Get with it man...(people who steal dont write apology letters) THEY ARE DIRT BAGS!

thx,

Mike

lame!

you are assuming, and have faith in the good of people.... but your wrong and your getting your hopes up for nothing..... even when people get caught they never actually admit to it.... If u ask any person in jail, if they are guilty not one person would say yes! So why assume some doucher is gonna come clean over a crumby trail cam! Get with it man...

+1