seek100plus

What weird stuff have you glassed or happen well glassing for game?

unit 3b creek that feeds scotts resivor back by the porter mountain community on dynamite road i was fishing a sow with 2 cubs came up on me didnt see me so i left my pole where i was fishin crept up the hill my polaris was up there and then she saw me i started it and she jumped in the pond and tore up the hill after me almost got me too she chased me a good 3/4 of a mile or so when i got farther away i saw her stand up on her hind legs and growled and left called game and fish and toldem they sent someone out to put up signs about bear in the area so me and my mom and my cousin went back the next day about mid day to get my pole one the way down my mom steped on a timber rattler it didnt bite her though so i went and picked up my pole which was broke in two from the sow and the kwy to mmy polaris goes in the pond never to be seen again so we had to start walkin back home when the game and fish officer who has the signs shows up gives us a ride home than we had to get the truck and go back for the polaris and pull it home it was a pretty crazy 2 days

me and my son were archery hunting on the fane ranch by prescott and 2 airabatic planes colided and crashed about 400 yards from us and both men parished that day , and they were both instructors at emry riddle . god rest there soles. we were the first on the seen i have vidio but never shown it to anyone. besides that 2 100+ inch bucks getting it on by landsmen camp in november that was strange

About ten years ago in 6a late spring I glassed up two 350's...they were sparring with each other for about half an hour..i couldnt put the glass away...they were tussling back n forth with oblivion in the wide open knocking over what appeared to be a shiny object...A quick glance to the left revealed a small rv in the treeline.It was then I realized the 350's were actually humans,sans clothing, both about 350 pounds on the hoof each frolicking around. you never know whos watchin!

• Like 2

A few years ago I was sitting in a well brushed in blind on a water hole in SE AZ. I hear a horse coming up the trail toward the water hole and see an amazingly hot girl that I had just met riding the horse (the ranchers neice). I had stopped to check in with my long-time rancher friend just the day before and was actually invited to come to dinner the following night (guess the rancher was trying to hook us up, we were both recently single). Anyway, she rode her horse to within 15 yards of my blind and got off and was facing away from my blind. She proceeded to take TP out of her back posket, pull her pants down and drop a deuce right there. It all happened so fast that I could not give her warning until she was in the process. Well at that point, I decided that it was too late and didnt want to embarass her (or myself) and hoped she would just do her business and take off without seeing me. She took the meanest crap in the most un-lady like way, wiped and stood up and pulled her pants up. She got back on her horse and started riding again. I thought I was in the clear when her horse stopped and turned his head and looked right at me... she looked over and saw me. She turned bright red and waved, and I waved back. Not a word was said and she rode off. Needless to say, I didnt go to dinner as I was too embarassed to face her. We talked last year for the first time since and we both laughed about it... but it was still a little uncomfortable.

well they say once you can sit and watch your lady drop a deuce you know you are in love!!! I would ask her out!!

• Like 1

two years ago azhntr and I were galssing for deer in 21. we were half frozen and about 10 feet from our bows and we hear this sound behind us and turn around to see a Gigantic muley run right up to us, think we suprised him as much as he freaked us out,I still have nightmares of his massive multi-tined rack doing mach 6 outa there.

• Like 1

two years ago azhntr and I were galssing for deer in 21. we were half frozen and about 10 feet from our bows and we hear this sound behind us and turn around to see a Gigantic muley run right up to us, think we suprised him as much as he freaked us out,I still have nightmares of his massive multi-tined rack doing mach 6 outa there.

We named him "chocolate" for his dark antlers. Chocolate will be in the freezer come this November!!!

• Like 1

I glassed up a badger a couple years ago. I was on the last night of a fournight backpacking hunt, a couple miles out from my jeep. I spent the night tossing from side to side, imagining that the noise I was hearing was that little devil in fur rummaging through my pack & considering how best to get into my tent... Guess I've heard too many horry stories about how mean they are.

• Like 2

I was glassing for Coues deer on a ridge in mid October trying to fill my tag when I spotted a coyote walking on the other side of this hill, I watched for about 5 minutes until he approached this tree, when he got close to that tree as I was watching, a huge mountain lion jumped out of that tree and chased the coyote over to the other side of that hill out of sight. Awesome to see the wild as it truly is....

I was glassing for Coues deer on a ridge in mid October trying to fill my tag when I spotted a coyote walking on the other side of this hill, I watched for about 5 minutes until he approached this tree, when he got close to that tree as I was watching, a huge mountain lion jumped out of that tree and chased the coyote over to the other side of that hill out of sight. Awesome to see the wild as it truly is....

I love glassing up lions. Only spotted a couple of them, but it's always exciting!

couple of years ago in unit 9 on an elk hunt,during a full moon, I was headed back to the truck across a huge meadow.It was just light enough to see to walkfrom the moonlight. As I am hoofin it along a terrifying growl and knashing of teeth burst out and I froze in place.Fumbling for my flashlight while almost drawing mud the growling kept on and louder.I finally got it out and shined it right into the face of a huge badger( AKA prairie skunk ). Now id like to say i slayed the beast with my bow but within a nanosecond I was flying the other direction. Needless to say I burned through some batteries after that. ( PS. Ive also heard rumors of hunters in 9 mooning the Grand Canyon Railroad train as it passes by...hmmm )

I