Red Rabbit

A Worthless Waste of Hunting Gear

Mechanical broadheads! :)

+ 1 million makes me sick to think of the bull i lost due to these! they maybe better now but i will never shoot another!

Yeah them copper bullets suck what with the way the kill everything they hit with one shot. Cheats you right out of all the fun of turning the critter into swiss cheese before it perishes like good old lead bullets do. What a stupid concept - the copper bullet - small hole going in, huge hole going out. ;)

You must take head shots. ;)

• Like 1

Doug, the scentlock cloths have to be the biggest scam ever, though I've never bought any. I bought a new quad in 97, had alot of fun tooling around with the wife and kids for a year until it was monotunous. Load it for hunting, unload, load it to go home, unload. That was it for the way I hunt. Sat in the garage for a few years . Sold it.

I had to have a long range scope, so I got a Leupold 6X18 VXII with LR rectical, almost 500.00. Put it on my 7mm and my buddy borrowed it, I had never even hunted it. Kills his buck at 200 yds on 6X and then drops the gun down a steep slope and puts scratches all over it. I realise I just wasted my money on something that was unneeded and too expensive. I've shot moving yotes at 320 yds with my 3X9 set at 3 and coues at 420 yds set at 9, no problem. It sits in my closet now, paper weight.

Kent

"$20" Bushnell Binos i've heard.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They have to be worth 107 and some change now... ;)

"$20" Bushnell Binos i've heard.

:D You could probably retire those. :D

--Bill

Sorry Red i didn't see that in the first post till now.

I would have to say the little harness you put on and has a strap that wraps around the deers antlers to drag him behind you...

WARNING it breaks as you are dragging and you fall on your face...TRUST me I know. :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: I made a deer sling out rope one time, and it came undone. I almost rolled down the mountain. Never again!

Mechanical broadheads! :)

+ 1 million makes me sick to think of the bull i lost due to these! they maybe better now but i will never shoot another!

+ 2 million

Bad boots. Never had it happen to me, because I put boots up there with optics - no place to get cheap - but I've been on hunts where somebody blows out a boot a long way from nowhere - not to mention the number of "Rocky" boot soles I've found in pieces in some darn nasty country.

For mechs - I've never used them. I know people who swear by certain brands (vortex, rage) and have had good luck - have heard a lot of horror-stories second hand too. Usually bad placement or bad angles.

The "butt-out" what in the world is that all about? :huh: I've cleaned a LOT of animals and never found myself wondering what to do with the critter's anus. Aaargh. Somebody's not field dressing right if they're packing that thing around.