Red Rabbit

A Worthless Waste of Hunting Gear

ever notice how every thread eventually turns into a my ethics are better than yours discussion?

Items like Heat Sensors to detect down game was one that I thought of... got that as a Christmas gift one year. :lol:

+ 1 on the "Game Trackers"

I got one I will sell cheap! Brand new in the box!!! :lol: :lol:

Liar! You use that thing all the time!

Copper bore brushes.....

They are still good for cleaning 22s, shotguns and rifles if not using a copper dissolving solvent. Still good with Hoppes or SC to knock the powder fouling out before attacking the copper.

Yes, if using Sweets or Montana Extreme, a nylon brush is better.

Would like to see an air activated hand warmer that actually worked.

I bought the value pack at bass pro and used em last wknd. They do take about 2 hrs to get going but last for probably 12-15hrs. i started em befor i went to bed and put em in my bed roll. Worked good. all night and all the next morning

I bought the value pack at bass pro and used em last wknd. They do take about 2 hrs to get going but last for probably 12-15hrs. i started em befor i went to bed and put em in my bed roll. Worked good. all night and all the next morning

And they do have a shelf life. They are nice to use for the foot of the sleeping bag. Sometimes even putting on dry socks before crawling in is not enough.

I used them on the late Nov hunt down south. At first I would have agreed. But I found if you put 2 of them side by side they seem to work once they are in your pocket or gloves for awhile.

Another worthless item is a digital camera. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Only if you leave the memory card in the computer at home after downloading the old pictures out of it before your trip. Found this out the hard way a few years ago.

i'd say muleyman and gameholler, but i hate redundancy. and thanks amanda, i love you too. i won't list the 7mm/08 because it's good for laughs. can't believe i missed this thread. been spendin' too much time readin' about serial killers i guess. ;) Lark.

My first scope was a TASCO WORLD CLASS, I used to think people were just mispronouncing tasco when they said Trashco!! I learned quickly they were referring to my scope and pronouncing it correctly!! I would have hated to see the regular old tasco since the world class sucked so bad, should have been called the Tasco 3rd World Class scope! :blink: ag

what is the most worthless piece of hunting gear that is being marketed

ATV's

.....and the AZGFD online application website. Oh wait you said marketed? Never mind.

+1 on ATV's

Here are my top three:

1. Any kind of optical doubler - The idea is great, but they just don't work.

2. Hunters who think everything has to be camo, even thier toilet paper. (what camo pattern did Fred Bear or Jack O'Connor use?)

3. Comparitive range finders - mil-dot scopes for hunters.

Great post RR... Thanks!

DD

The Wife

I always have to tear the house apart looking for something before a hunting trip that she had put away for me and she can't remember where she put it.

You better read the topic again. :huh: Your either crazy, wishing for a death wish, or you know your wife never gets on cwt.com. :lol: ;)

TJ