Red Rabbit

A Worthless Waste of Hunting Gear

Bad boots. Never had it happen to me, because I put boots up there with optics - no place to get cheap - but I've been on hunts where somebody blows out a boot a long way from nowhere - not to mention the number of "Rocky" boot soles I've found in pieces in some darn nasty country.

For mechs - I've never used them. I know people who swear by certain brands (vortex, rage) and have had good luck - have heard a lot of horror-stories second hand too. Usually bad placement or bad angles.

The "butt-out" what in the world is that all about? :huh: I've cleaned a LOT of animals and never found myself wondering what to do with the critter's anus. Aaargh. Somebody's not field dressing right if they're packing that thing around.

Hearing all this and I have to put up the cure for so many things like that blown out boot thing . post-1321-1258160740.jpg.... every camp and pack should have some to take care of the mishaps on the hunt from fixing boots to tents and I have even heard of Gun Stocks broke in half from being dropped on the trail and the magic of duct tape in the pack let em fix it and use it with a kill the same day .... I know I am going against the grain but anything that Macgyver can use is a good thing to have

Duct tape is very handy for everything! I pack around a small amount and It sure came in handy taping the point that broke off Scott's buck so we could have nice photos!

Amanda

Hey now, I saw MacGyver create an ultralight out of some PVC, duct tape, tarp and a cement mixer - don't be harshin' the duct tape or the 'Gyver' - I've got my eye on you sonny-boy!

On a serious note - duct tape and electrical tape ROCK for anything from first aid to minor fixes. But, this stuff...

http://www.duluthtrading.com/search/search...ocessor=content

Is the absolute bomb if you have a plumbing or vehicular emergency (or first aid emergency for that matter) that duct tape and electrical tape can't quite handle. It's the cadilac of duct tape. Gotta have a roll in your vehicle and first aid kit.

• Like 1

Hey now, I saw MacGyver create an ultralight out of some PVC, duct tape, tarp and a cement mixer - don't be harshin' the duct tape or the 'Gyver' - I've got my eye on you sonny-boy!

AZone Macgyver Is my hero and Duct tape is everyones friend ...... I was saying it is needed to help fix many worthless things ...lol

AZone Macgyver Is my hero and Duct tape is everyones friend ...... I was saying it is needed to help fix many worthless things ...lol

Macgyver is the "man" gotta love those Macgyer 'isms"

Tasco. Anything

As for Mac, and Duct tape, maybe we need to have a pinned topic for duct tape emergencies and unbelievables.

(my phone ringer is the Macgver theme)

I can't seem to find it now but saw a series of pics of an Alaskan bush pilot who had his plane Really tore up by a big bear and fixed it with duct tape and flew it back out a couple hundred miles to get properly done. I'll post if I can find it.

+1 on the doubler. I couldn't even bring myself to post it for sale here on CWT because it was so worthless. And BTW, it was the swaro doubler. Those things just don't work in the field.

All ya'll think bushnell are bad try some Barska. Or any $60 dollar spotting scope kit you can buy.

Also Wildview trail cams. I think about all they are good for is showing you what the area looked like 10 minutes after the game left.

Keep in mind these are gifts from a very loving Wife who knows her Husband buys the stuff he wants/needs for hunting and trys to buy him things he would not buy for himself.....

Primos Bloodlight..... WHY....

and

Night Vision Monocular.... Why again....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

God I lover her for tryin.... and for the record.... After 14 years of marriage that is the only flop gifts she has ever bought me that I can remember! ;)

I never have used my little bottle of talcum powder, you know the thing squeezed and a little puff of smoke comes out to check wind direction. I have had that thing for about seven years and never used it. When I need to check wind direction I usually just grab a handful of dirt...

I never have used my little bottle of talcum powder, you know the thing squeezed and a little puff of smoke comes out to check wind direction. I have had that thing for about seven years and never used it. When I need to check wind direction I usually just grab a handful of dirt...

:lol: I live by talcum bottle when I hunt, especially with a bow. But a good puff of fine dirt works also