Red Rabbit

A Worthless Waste of Hunting Gear

I never have used my little bottle of talcum powder, you know the thing squeezed and a little puff of smoke comes out to check wind direction. I have had that thing for about seven years and never used it. When I need to check wind direction I usually just grab a handful of dirt...

:lol: I live by talcum bottle when I hunt, especially with a bow. But a good puff of fine dirt works also

I use that stuff when I am bowhunting I feel naked without it. dirt works good if its powder.

+2 for the blood light. Got it for a present and is a piece of junk. Also any rechargeable spot light. They always last about 2 minutes and a 10 million candle power looks like a 10,000 candle power.

• Like 1

Whats wrong with OTC elk tags?

My son bought me the "Butt out tool" as a Gag gift last year and we have been giving it to everyone! It is so usefull for getting a good laugh!

When we first started glassing from tripods we had those $20 minox tripods from Wal-mart. My brother bought some of those Cabela's 20x80 astronomical star gazing binoculars that weigh like eight pounds and mounted them on one of those little tripods. About half way through the first day we were was sitting there glassing on a steep hill when the head of his tripod snapped off from the weight of the binoculars. I was sitting below him and I watched his brand new binos go rolling passed me end over end and stop on a little ledge below us. Then I proceeded to watch my brother who usually pretty calm beat what was left of his tripod against a rock until it was in about 20 pieces.

It seems like I bought one of those silly tripods almost every time I went out because they wouldn't last more than one trip. Kind of like disposable tripods. Finally figured out that I could buy a decent Bogen for about what I was spending in a season on those POS little tripods.

When we first started glassing from tripods we had those $20 minox tripods from Wal-mart. My brother bought some of those Cabela's 20x80 astronomical star gazing binoculars that weigh like eight pounds and mounted them on one of those little tripods. About half way through the first day we were was sitting there glassing on a steep hill when the head of his tripod snapped off from the weight of the binoculars. I was sitting below him and I watched his brand new binos go rolling passed me end over end and stop on a little ledge below us. Then I proceeded to watch my brother who usually pretty calm beat what was left of his tripod against a rock until it was in about 20 pieces.

It seems like I bought one of those silly tripods almost every time I went out because they wouldn't last more than one trip. Kind of like disposable tripods. Finally figured out that I could buy a decent Bogen for about what I was spending in a season on those POS little tripods.

Thanks for the laugh Brian, thats hilarious! :lol:

Nobody has mentioned camouflage on flashlights, GPS unit and knives :rolleyes: . Why would one lay one down and not want to see it. If you need the Buck knive, you are not hiding from game anymore :huh: .

doubler.

anyone interested in one? I got one sitting in the safe gathering dust.

+1 and I'll beat his price by $10 bucks.

Nobody has mentioned camouflage on flashlights, GPS unit and knives :rolleyes: . Why would one lay one down and not want to see it. If you need the Buck knive, you are not hiding from game anymore :huh: .

:lol: :P :lol: How the He!! can you argue with that

Thanks Doug for the chuckle ;)

I never have used my little bottle of talcum powder, you know the thing squeezed and a little puff of smoke comes out to check wind direction. I have had that thing for about seven years and never used it. When I need to check wind direction I usually just grab a handful of dirt...

:lol: I live by talcum bottle when I hunt, especially with a bow. But a good puff of fine dirt works also

+1 I carry 2 bottles

+1