BigWave

Best stool for a ground blind?

I cant seem to find the right swivel type seat for ground bling sits. I've tried folding camp chairs (too noisy) and a few others. I've seen a few nice swivel type stools but didnt ask where they came from. My bad, but I really would like to find the right setup. I dont mind spending some coin on it. Just dont know where to find one. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

I do most of my hunting from a ground blind and have had the same problem. I've used just about everything. I do alot of sleeping in my blind and a good comfortable chair with arm rest can't be beat. Double Bull makes a three legged chair that is pretty good. I'm not a fan of 3 legged chairs but double bull's are the best I've found. I've set all day in one and they are great to shoot out of but not the best to be really comfortable. My take is to get a chair you can comfortable sleep in and shoot out off with not much noise. I will not use a swivel chair. No need to use one in a ground blind. :)

TJ

We have found that the cheap camp chairs with no arm rests are almost the best... less noise and don't impead shooting... being able to lean back is key to staying in the blind, IMO.

I use a freakin lawn chair anymore. Those small chairs are just crap. I have tried them all and said _____ it I am using my lawn chair. ;)

armless camp chair. I put an old blanket or canvas tarp on the ground under the chair and where my feet are to help with noise.

The good thing about the double bull stool is that it sits lower than most folding chairs. A little pricey, but the best I've found.

Quiet and comfort are most important. If you are not comfortable, you will make noise. I use a cheap lawn chair along with the padded treestand seat. I haven't had any problems with arm rests. If you are only shooting out of one side of the blind (for scent containment) you will do ok without a swivel chair. I also always line the floor with and old felt sleeping bag. It really reduces the noise and is good for the kids to sleep on.

Mark

I use a swivel stool that I picked up at Sportsmans Whearhouse for like 20-25 bucks. It is adjustable for height. The thing I dont like is that it has no back rest

Magnus Rack Pack I haven't bought one yet, but have seen and sat in a friends. Not only will help you pack your blind in and out of areas, it will hold meat and antlers and it turns into a very comfortable chair with a high back. At 6'1" I have a hard time with the stools and smaller chairs. I plan on buying one of these this next season.

http://www.magnusrackpack.com/home.php

I have went through this as well. I have the double bull chair but without a back it is harder to spend long times in the blind. I bought some kids armless lawn chairs at Walmart and they are not noisy. I put a fleece blanket down on the ground and all in all the smaller armless chairs have seemed to be the best bet for us..........Allen...........

The double bull chair i have does have a back on it. I know they sell one without and that would be tough to spend all day sitting in!

This one! There is only one in the world, and it's mine. Full 360 degree swivel, and adjustable legs. Will never win a beauty contest, but it is easy to haul, and I can sit on it all day.

post-1571-1266630093_thumb.jpg

post-1571-1266630112_thumb.jpg