azhuntnut

I got my elk

Chased cows this past weekend. Wind made for difficult hunt on Fri and Sat. Glad to see your pictures. You deserve a big congratulations on your trophy. What part of Unit 6A were you in? I was near Mormon Lake.

I also hunted cows in 6a south. Man, I wish I had a bull tag! I had four six point or better bulls within 30 yards this weekend. Couldnt get a shot at the cows. Oh well, I head back up tomorrow for the rest of the season. good luck to everybody!

When I drop him off at the taxidermist today, we are going to gross score him. Who wants to guess his score? I will post the results tonight. The person closest will receive a signed photo :) .

That is a fantastic bull. I am with casey, I bet he is closer to 380 than 360. I am really happy for you..............Allen.........p.s. I was up in unit 1 for the last couple days and we were into lots of bulls.....wind screwed us up a bit now and then but this should turn out to be a great season........congrats again...........

congrats on a nice bull azhuntnut, i like his tine's, very long! your first pic of him sort of reminds me of the bull J. McClendon took awhile back, got the same shape to him, good looking bull, good job.

DAN

We didn't get a chance to put the tape on him tonight after we got done skinning the skull and cutting off the horns. We will have to wait until tomorrow. I still think he will be in the 360's, but I can always hope for more. I decided to mount him looking to the left with the ears back a little(semi-sneak). We aged him at about 7 years old based on a book he had. I think I will still take a tooth into G&F and see what they come up with. David

Congrats!!! Beautiful bull of a lifetime! We were in 6A south this weekend as well and had a blast! although not as much as you !! :D

:ph34r: