Ernesto C

Pray for AMANDA Please

Prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery Amanda. Hope you're back on your feet very soon. Take care.

My apologies for missing this thread. Have not spent much time cruising the forum.

Lots of prayers and well wishes for our fearless leader.

I hope everything goes well and pray for a speedy recovery.

God Bless!

thanks so much for the prayers and well wishes. I am home now and doing ok. It's all very sore and hard to move around, but not too bad. Doc says no driving or lifting or jumping for at least a week. UGH... i had planned a bunch of fieldwork for this week...that would have involved some serious hiking in steep country. Guess I am just homebound for awhile.

Thanks again. It sure made me feel better knowing you guys were praying for me.

You should see one of the stones that was in my gall bladder! It was a lot bigger than I expected and apparently they had to break up the stones just to get the gallbladder out of the hole. I told the nurse I was doing bird research and trying to figure out why birds eat gravel...LOL!

That's some painful stuff. Hope you feel better soon.

I'll bet those Gorgonzola burgers had something to do with it. ;)

I am sure the Gorgonzola burgers contributed to the problem. I ate alot of cheese the week before the attack and fatty foods need the gall bladder to digest so it was working overtime. They said the gall bladder was extremely inflamed...

Amanda, glad to hear you are doing OK. My wife had a gall bladder attack right before a couples fishing tournament at Roosevelt about 16 years ago. We had to go right to the hospital. The doctor said her gall bladder was so inflamed they had trouble getting it out. The doctor let me keep the stones they removed. Just take it easy you'll know when you are ready to hike again. ;)

Amanda,

Nice to see you on the forums today.

look at the bright side, now you have a whole week or so to keep us entertained! :P

Looks like they do "drive through" surgeries for gall bladder removal now too!

It's great to know that the worst has passed.

Did the doc say anything about driving fast? LOL

Glad you made it through okay.

The Chefster

We are so glad you made it through so well and made it home so fast. There is no place like home to get some rest and recover. Take it easy and make sure you give it plenty of time to heal. I know your going to want to get out there in the deer woods before your fully recovered. Thank God for all of our prayers being answered. Take care I need you 100% so you can film me shooting that 137" buck on the rez this year :P

Glad you are home to recoop. A lot easier to rest at home than in the hospital. Bet that was a heck of a ride from Young! I only live 15-20 min. out of town but when I had my attack it felt like a lifetime to get to town, every bump on the road felt like a shotgun blast to the gut! Ugh... Feel yer pain, glad you are on your way to recovery!!!

Ok, now that we know you have nothing better to do than monitor cwt we will have to watch our p's and q's. Glad you're feeling better. Any pictures of them stones? lol

TJ

Wow I totally missed this. I am glad you are doing great and if you need anything don't hesitate to call. We love you Amanda and take better care of yourself.

Thanks everyone, it really helps to know you guys are praying for me and wishing me the best. It's still very painful....hard to move at all. And that is even on pain meds! Hopefully the pain won't last but a few more days.